It lives!!

Chit chat related to the club or scooters in general

Moderator: Moderators

jbcollier

It lives!!

Post by jbcollier »

Thanks to Graham's able fingers, the Duck lives again. The desmo conversion works well though a wee bit rattly as I left the valves 0.05 mm too loose "just in case".

I had forgotten how loud it is and will be repacking the muffler soon. Bloody marvelous to ride again!

In the morning I also got the sidecar mounted back on and the rear wheel switched back to the car wheel. Now I just have to change the front end over and we will be back in the delivery business. I hope to ride the family out to bike night on Wednesday.

Yippee!
Angelo

Post by Angelo »

Hey John,

Good to hear, sorry I never made it out, To many things going on here, can't wait to hear it see it on the road again....
Cheers
Angelo
�Long live vintage motorcycles that are too tough to die...�

- Dustin Kott-
coyoteran
Location: X Marks the spot...X stands for danger...two lines crossing over one another means to me...stay away

Post by coyoteran »

Good to hear you are back in the riding business. Sux to see bikes apart on the garage floor and not on the road.

My next door neighbour has a Monster 900 that does not see the light of day nearly often enough. I asked him if he could just start it up and let it idle on the curb for a couple of hours a day just so I could hear the sound. No go yet. Perhaps more beers are in order.

One last thought for the evening. As I was flipping through the latest Cycle World and saw a couple of BMW's featured in American Flyers (no, the irony is not lost on me one little bit) that I can see someone like, oh say, John, building and/or riding.
Or maybe this one.

So, what are you waiting for? :)

Trevor
Vy is it vee get too soon olt and too late schmart?
Angelo

Post by Angelo »

Oh man those are cool Customs. In a pinch I can ship lefty up to you and you can run that in front of your house? :lol:

- Dustin Kott-
jaelee

Post by jaelee »

so when and where is bike night and how many scooters normally show up....btw i now have insurance and my moped is on the street
coyoteran
Location: X Marks the spot...X stands for danger...two lines crossing over one another means to me...stay away

Post by coyoteran »

Angelo wrote:Oh man those are cool Customs. In a pinch I can ship lefty up to you and you can run that in front of your house? :lol:
Yeah, I am down with that. Although you understand that I will have to put a few miles on it just to make sure that it is still running in top form, whatever that means for a lambretta. I am sure you won't mind if it comes back to you with 10 or 12 thousand extra k on it will you?
:twisted: :twisted:
Trevor
Vy is it vee get too soon olt and too late schmart?
Angelo

Post by Angelo »

coyoteran wrote:
Angelo wrote:Oh man those are cool Customs. In a pinch I can ship lefty up to you and you can run that in front of your house? :lol:
Yeah, I am down with that. Although you understand that I will have to put a few miles on it just to make sure that it is still running in top form, whatever that means for a lambretta. I am sure you won't mind if it comes back to you with 10 or 12 thousand extra k on it will you?
:twisted: :twisted:
Trevor
I like History if you want to put some of your own on it, I'm good with that! :D

- Dustin Kott-
jbcollier

Post by jbcollier »

Bike Night info in a new thread!
jbcollier

Post by jbcollier »

Love to see your newly legalized machines!

Scooter turn out is low with typically two to three scoots. Nothing we can't change if we all decide to go.

I have started another thread on Bike Night but the gist of it is:

PetroCanada station at 16435 97 Street on Wednesday evenings starting at roughly 6:30 pm.
jbcollier

Post by jbcollier »

So how long is the drive to the promised land of corners, cliffs and Big White?

Any scooter rental places? Motorcycle rentals?