New to Scooters

Chit chat related to the club or scooters in general

Moderator: Moderators

cridley

New to Scooters

Post by cridley »

I've just become the new owner of a Hona Jazz, and am interested in learning the ropes of riding in Edmonton. I'm trying to find my way around this website (with some difficulty) and would be interested in going for a ride with the club some time.

Can someone send me a little information on where you guys like to ride, etc. Thanks!
Cgreeno

Post by Cgreeno »

Hi there,

Happy to meet a new member and fellow scooter enthusiast. I am sure you will love your new Honda Jazz.

The club meets officially every second Sunday of each month at 1pm at Tra Amici Cafe and Bar located at 11212 76 Avenue. We usually go for a group ride thereafter.

In the summer months it seems every Sunday there is at least some people that meet at Tra Amici, have a cup of java, and then go for a ride. So chances are if you want to meet some people and find some good routes to drive, show up this Sunday June 6th at 1pm. I will be there with my husband and we would be glad to ride with you.

I have a purple LX150 Vespa and my husband James has a new Grey GT200.

Hope to see you then,

Christine
Aristotle once said “we are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, therefore, is not an act but a habit”.
cridley

Post by cridley »

Thanks, Christine. I am not yet in possession of the scooter, and have not even tried riding one yet! So I may not be able to join this Sunday. But hopefully another time.

How long of a ride do you usually go on?
Cgreeno

Post by Cgreeno »

Rides are usually very casual ... anywhere from 20 min to 45 min. Everyone just goes with the flow and how they feel for that day.

I have been a member now for about a year, so not too long. But I can tell you everyone is so friendly and accommodating. When I first started out I had a 50 cc bike. Many of the club members hung back with me and made me feel comfortable riding.

The good news too is that the Edmonton Rally is coming up this father's day weekend (starting on June 18th) and there will be lots of new people out riding, so hopefully you have your jazz by then.

Oh and don't fret about the web site. You will get use to the links, lingo, and where to view information. As I said, this is a great bunch of people.

Christine
Aristotle once said “we are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, therefore, is not an act but a habit”.
cridley

Post by cridley »

Super! I will check in again once I've received the scooter. This sounds good - I'll probably be one of the slow ones, heheh

Thanks!
coyoteran
Location: X Marks the spot...X stands for danger...two lines crossing over one another means to me...stay away

Post by coyoteran »

cridley wrote:I'll probably be one of the slow ones, heheh

Thanks!
Don't bet on it. We have club members who "ride" lambrettas....ba dump bump...:)

Welcome aboard.

Trevor who just noticed, this is a palindromic post...535
Vy is it vee get too soon olt and too late schmart?
Angelo

Post by Angelo »

coyoteran wrote:
cridley wrote:I'll probably be one of the slow ones, heheh

Thanks!
Don't bet on it. We have club members who "ride" lambrettas....ba dump bump...:)

Welcome aboard.

Trevor who just noticed, this is a palindromic post...535
Nice......to see the love still flows North :shock:
�Long live vintage motorcycles that are too tough to die...�

- Dustin Kott-
noel

Post by noel »

Generally speaking when it comes to scooter rides, the first one there missed the point. Go slow and have fun.
As far back as I can remember I've wanted to be Angelo
LibertineAudrey

Post by LibertineAudrey »

the slower you go, the more people see you... and that's why I spend so much time pushing the GTS :D

welcome to the forum, hope to meet you at some rides soon.
All hail Emperor Kang!
queued

Post by queued »

build a ramp and make some sweet jumps.