Sunday August 14

Chit chat related to the club or scooters in general

Moderator: Moderators

jbcollier

Sunday August 14

Post by jbcollier »

You all had better sit down first.

My D and I will be out and at the Tra at 1 pm., and, I will be able to go for a ride before or after as well! I am bachelor-ing it right now and can do whatever I please. Heck, last night I stayed up until 9:30!
Sowelu

Post by Sowelu »

Hey, I think I might be able to make it too. That is if the universe keeps going the way it is.

Shannon
"The real danger is not that machines will begin to think like men, but that men will begin to think like machines." Sydney J. Harris
akrticic

Post by akrticic »

Will someone be there taking care of new members? I'm planning on popping by.
david

Post by david »

I'm back from my mountain retreat, and trying to commune with the salmon. Unfortunately, the salmon did not schedule their journey for the same time as me! :? So, yes I will be at Sunday's meeting to welcome new members into the club. :)
Ska'D for Life
david

Post by david »

Hey Komrade Kevin, I have something special for you. Will you be attending, and shall I bring it?
Ska'D for Life
Kevin

Post by Kevin »

I'm gonna try to be there.

Got to work before and work after. Grrr.
Sowelu

Post by Sowelu »

It appears that the universe and I are mortal enemies. I hope you had a great ride.

Shannon
"The real danger is not that machines will begin to think like men, but that men will begin to think like machines." Sydney J. Harris
Kevin

Post by Kevin »

It was odd, Tra was closed. Took us by surprise, so we hung about, chatted and admired the new pipe on the D. My first time seeing the pipe by Neil. Pretty. Apparently quite the performer too.

Met a new guy, the fellow with the SR50, (im horrible with names too). Maybe a workshop in the near future.

Pretty sure we ended up at Da Capo, my first time there, nice place. Except for the hula hoops out in the streets!

John got more exercise then planned for today i'm sure.
jbcollier

Post by jbcollier »

It was the plug as Graham figured.

I got to the 87 Ave and 112 St intersection and, when the light turned green, I went to go. It revved maybe 200 rpm and then quit. No joy on the restart and I do not like to kick it too much as that is the weak link on these scoots. I walked it home with Graham walking along beside, good company. I grabbed Crushed and away we went.

After a nice meal and some good stories -- no really, you look great ;-) -- I headed down to Home Outfitters for some sheets. I looked a bit odd riding home with two big bags of sheets and a king sized pillow strapped to Crushed!

I love Crushed but it hates traffic. Once the D is sorted, that will probably become my main club rider.

Back home, start the laundry and back to the D. Pull the plug, nice tan colour. Go to get a new plug, no big deal, I have a box. Opened the first one, used; open the second one, used; open the third one, used. What the heck?!

Then I remember.

I didn't have a scoot that takes those plugs (B7HS) till the D. I bought them for Al's scoot! You know the one that ate NGK's for breakfast.

So I opened another one and, bingo, brand new. I dropped it in the hole and she fired right up. So now I need to get the same plug in either Bosch or Iridium spec NGK.

Thank goodness I wasn't at South Edmonton Common when she threw in the towel!

When it runs, it runs well. A nice medium rpm hit takes second gear up to just over 30 mph (indicated) which puts it into the meat of 3rd gear's power band, nice. I did some jetting and settled on a 107 which allows me to pull Groat Rd hill at 36 mph (indicated though the cars are not passing me).

I think I have arrived as the brakes are just on this side of completely useless. They are fine stopping from say 25 mph, but, run it up to 40 mph and it takes a LONG time to slow down.

My only other issue is vibration with the handle bars vibrating painfully, with bare hands, at 40 mph. Some day I'll pull the crank and adjust the crank balance so it resonates at another less used rpm.
jbcollier

Post by jbcollier »

Big Tip:

Don't mention hula hoops when either Graham or Kevin are near-by. The way they were talking I thought the young lady was dancing with an AK47. I think they had a traumatic hula hoop accident when they were young. Must have been horrible!

;-)
Kevin

Post by Kevin »

I don't mind the hula hoops, they never hurt me any that i remember. Skateboards, thats what bug me.

Ohh, and finding out some of the camera's that someone else put up have power problems... Grrr, and to top it all off my tallest ladder is a bit too short. Double Grrr...

Not like i'm gonna climb up there anyway...
Looks like i'm gonna need to find a sissor lift.
Macgyyver

Post by Macgyyver »

jbcollier wrote:It was the plug as Graham figured.

I walked it home with Graham walking along beside, good company. I grabbed Crushed and away we went.

Thank goodness I wasn't at South Edmonton Common when she threw in the towel!

When it runs, it runs well.
Next time call Paul, he has a new toy. I'll post pics of his new hitch hauler -he really likes it.

M
=~=~=
2001 Vino YJ50 2-stroke (Just rolled 26,000kms - yes that's right - 26!)
2007 Yamaha V-Star 1100 Custom "Blaze"
2006 new to me Vespa LX150 8,000kms with character
2006 hand-me-down Vespa LX150 33,000kms
akrticic

Post by akrticic »

I'm hoping the parts will arrive this week so we can do the workshop on Sunday.

Alen (new guy)
Kevin wrote:It was odd, Tra was closed. Took us by surprise, so we hung about, chatted and admired the new pipe on the D. My first time seeing the pipe by Neil. Pretty. Apparently quite the performer too.

Met a new guy, the fellow with the SR50, (im horrible with names too). Maybe a workshop in the near future.

Pretty sure we ended up at Da Capo, my first time there, nice place. Except for the hula hoops out in the streets!

John got more exercise then planned for today i'm sure.