Picked up an Aero 80

Chit chat related to the club or scooters in general

Moderator: Moderators

gaburley

Picked up an Aero 80

Post by gaburley »

So I picked up that Aero 80 that was in Kijiji this morning. 83, 4009km and just missing the seat latch.

The fellow selling it decided to stop riding this year as his balance is getting bad (he is 75). It starts easily and is extremely peppy and fun,,,, well that was until I was taking it home and the rear tire blew out at 60kph. Somehow I did not dump the scoot, I just kept on thinking "don't touch the brake, don't touch the brake", as many articles have told me.

I will be replacing both tires (original) and tubes and fortunately it happened about a mile from home so all is well (except for the shaking).

So far this year I have had to push two scooters (both on their first rides), one to a gas station and one home, I just hope that the rest of the season is trouble free. I will be taking it easy this afternoon, but all I really want to do is hop on my Saga and ride; I love scooting!

So when I replace the rear brake cable on my Elite 80 and take it for its inaugural ride, I don't think that I will be going very fast or very far, just in case.

Glenn

2008 Saga 150
1985 Elite 80
1983 Aero 80