Thanks!!!

Chit chat related to the club or scooters in general

Moderator: Moderators

Sowelu

Thanks!!!

Post by Sowelu »

Thanks again for all the work that went into showing/teaching me about Tiki and ll the upgrades. She ran like a dream in Victoria!

Thanks again John!

Thanks Kevin for the use of the trailer. It was perfect for the FIT. No problems at all and at times I swear my wee car enjoyed towing the trailer and scoot.

Ran into Raz at the rally and he mentioned a workshop this weekend?

Shannon
"The real danger is not that machines will begin to think like men, but that men will begin to think like machines." Sydney J. Harris
jbcollier

Post by jbcollier »

Excellent !!
jbcollier

Post by jbcollier »

Yes I'm helping Raz this weekend, and I'm rebuilding Trevor's engine, but no more big workshops until the fall.
Yarko

Post by Yarko »

Need any help?
jbcollier

Post by jbcollier »

Dunno what's happening when yet.
coyoteran
Location: X Marks the spot...X stands for danger...two lines crossing over one another means to me...stay away

Post by coyoteran »

Did the parts for my engine arrive already? What was the final decision on the crank. New assembly or just new bits. And which bits?
Vy is it vee get too soon olt and too late schmart?
jbcollier

Post by jbcollier »

The parts arrived on Wednesday, right on time. The crank and cylinder are still at the machine shop. We went repair rather than replace so they're fitting a rod kit. Piaggio cranks are very high quality, inexpensive replacement cranks, less so.

We're machining the cylinder a little tighter than spec: 0.006" as opposed to 0.008". Means you have to be gentle during the break-in, no stretches of WOT until after 800 klicks. The end result is quieter, longer lasting engine.

We'll be fitting new bearings into the cases and running the new cables tomorrow. Up and running next week? (Raps sharply on his head).