joining the club

Chit chat related to the club or scooters in general

Moderator: Moderators

big 3

joining the club

Post by big 3 »

just wondering who i have to talk to to join the club? I got a full service garage, with lifts and air, and people are always welcome to come by to fix bikes
jbcollier

Post by jbcollier »

Show up for some rides and introduce yourself. We ride regularly Sunday and sporadically mid week.

Cheers
Paul S

Post by Paul S »

I have a related question. Since Monica and I probably won't be travelling as much this summer we can probably make more weekend rides this year. I'd like to step up and help do something more for the club.

I would be interested in doing Social Media for the group (Facebook/Twitter/Etc). Could I help with that? I don't want to take this away from anyone who might be doing it already as it would be good to have more than 1 person doing these things. But I could help with it.
jbcollier

Post by jbcollier »

We're not really an official club and so you can Tweet and Facebook to your heart's content. I'm starting a thread in the "members" section so we can discuss this and perhaps setting up a regular ride/meeting time for the summer.
Paul S

Post by Paul S »

I was thinking more of officially posting on behalf of the club on Facebook (which would require using the password to login to our Facebook account page). We only have a few posts a year usually. None actually in all of 2014.

We don't have a Twitter account for the club but I could create one.

Again, I don't want to take this away from anyone currently doing it. It would actually be better if a few of us had owner access to the Facebook and Twitter accounts to officially post on behalf of the club.

update: technically I think it would require being upgraded to an Admin on the Facebook Club page because it is probably tied to someone's Facebook page (whoever created it -- perhaps John C?).

How to make Admins: https://www.facebook.com/help/148640791872225
jbcollier

Post by jbcollier »

See member's area for answer.