2007 toy run

Chit chat related to the club or scooters in general

Moderator: Moderators

Angelo

2007 toy run

Post by Angelo »

http://www.edmontontoyrun.info/

Lets plan on being there earlier this year. Coffee somewhere and then off to the launching area!? We ride as a group this year and let everyone else go at there own pace. Always a good cause when it's for the kids..

Cheers
Angelo

Shannon, we expect to see you!
�Long live vintage motorcycles that are too tough to die...�

- Dustin Kott-
Sowelu

Post by Sowelu »

I'll be there!!! I promise. :roll:

It turns out I will already be in Edmonton for a concert on the Friday night, so I'll just stay in town so that I can participate in the Toy Run.

So who else is going to participate, hmm..... If I can drive 2 hours to participate, I'm sure some of the local crew can take time out to do a good deed too. :P

Shannon
"The real danger is not that machines will begin to think like men, but that men will begin to think like machines." Sydney J. Harris
LibertineAudrey

Post by LibertineAudrey »

I will be there unless something tragic happens. Should be a blast! How does the donations work? Do I just bring a shiney new toy and rock up there? is there anyways we can have the Crude City vinyl thingies ready for then?!?!??!!?

Oh my stars, I'm suddenly so excited about this.
All hail Emperor Kang!
Angelo

Post by Angelo »

Last year we had a good turn out, this year it would be great to get everyone in the club out. I 'm going to try and get ahold of The mod father as well...

Bring as big or as small a Gift as you like!

Angelo

- Dustin Kott-
jbcollier

Post by jbcollier »

What about showing up at the start and then doing a different route to the finish? The constant stop/start riding, combined with fifteen billion cruisers, is a bit tiresome.
Angelo

Post by Angelo »

Hey John,
I think that is a great Idea. I agree with the stop and go, and a few people on Sunday also mentioned that as well. I'm in for the change of route!

Welcome back

- Dustin Kott-
Angelo

Post by Angelo »

See below for some details for the toy run. This years meeting spot will be at The Italian center shop on the south side at 9.30AM. I will attach a map to make it easier as it can be wonky to find the first time there. They have a cafe and a full baery for those of you with a sweet tooth. It will be tuff find a better Latte then at Tra Amici, but lets give it a try....

This year the toy run is From Capilano to Hawrelak Park. You can check the route on the Site, but a big portion of the ride is on the Whitemud freeway, so I agree with the suggestion that we take our own route and have some fun without the stress of riding with 3000 other bikes.

5028 104A Street NW
Edmonton, AB, Canada
(780) 989-4869

Details

All riders and passengers, on any brand or size of street-legal bike, are invited to participate in the 22nd Anniversary Edmonton Motorcycle Toy Run for 630 CHED's Santas Anonymous on Sunday September 30, 2007, althought the Toy Run is normally held on the 4th sunday on September.
Riders and passengers MUST be wearing proper protective riding attire.
No registration or fee is required. However, each person is expected to bring a new, unwrapped toy (see Toys). Clear plastic bags are good for toys if the weather isn't so great and you want your toy to stay visible and clean!
The ride assembles in the north-west parking lot at Capilano Mall, located at 5008 - 98 Avenue. Several food court vendors in Capilano Mall will be open early.
Your donation of a toy gains you entry to the draws held at the end of the run at Hawrelak Park. No toy? A cash donation (cheque made payable to Santas Anonymous preferred) is required at the toy drop-off.
Please place garbage in the appropriate receptacles at both Capilano Mall and Hawrelak Park.
Limited Edition 2007 Toy Run T-shirts go on sale at 9:30am.
We would like those riding the suggested route to start leaving shortly after 11:00am. Please join in the ride when and where it is safe and polite to do so. If there are delays along the route, riders may be asked to stagger their departure from Capilano Mall.
Please ride safely and courteously, following the normal rules of the road. This is a Sunday fun ride, not a race nor a venue for your road-racing or stunt-riding skills.
In the event that a motorcycle has mechanical issues DURING the ride, the Alberta Motor Association's Emergency Road Assistance will provide towing services to any motorcyclist participating in the Toy Run. The towing services are available to all participants, not just AMA members! ALL FREE!

- Dustin Kott-
Angelo

Post by Angelo »

We should try and get a head count for this. If it's going to be an ultra small group then maybe we should just meet close to Capilano somewhere and go from there.....their doesn't seem to be alot of interest this year.
Thanks

- Dustin Kott-
GDOUBLEU

Post by GDOUBLEU »

igor and i were planning to go...i'm in as long as it's not raining. i don't really do rain. i'm not sure what driver rain is like, but passenger rain sucks bum...especially when it's 10 degrees. :cry:

i'll get a firm answer from him tonight and will let you know tomorrow.

ciao
redbike

Post by redbike »

Again, Sunday, can't do
Johnny Redbike.

We, the unfortunate, led by the unqualified, to do the unnecessary for the ungrateful.
jbcollier

Post by jbcollier »

I'd love to go but I am in Jasper for the weekend.
Sowelu

Post by Sowelu »

I'll be there. It maybe the last time I get to ride before the season is over. :roll: It sucks sometimes living so far away.

Shannon
"The real danger is not that machines will begin to think like men, but that men will begin to think like machines." Sydney J. Harris
DoesDerbiCount?

Post by DoesDerbiCount? »

If I'm still welcome then I'd love to join in on the ride.
Sowelu

Post by Sowelu »

Only if you bring your Derbi. :P That way I won't be out numbered. :wink:

Shannon
coyoteran
Location: X Marks the spot...X stands for danger...two lines crossing over one another means to me...stay away

Post by coyoteran »

Everybody is welcome.
Vy is it vee get too soon olt and too late schmart?