Help!

Chit chat related to the club or scooters in general

Moderator: Moderators

bertb

Help!

Post by bertb »

I have a friend who recently got a scooter (2002 Yamaha BWS 50 Zuma) and we did the same modifications to his as we did to mine (I have the same make and model). 70cc Big Bore Kit, New Variator and roller weights, new clutch, clutch bell and belt as well as a new high-performance exhaust. In theory, the thing should be going like crazy but I think I am having issues getting the carburetor adjusted properly. I started with a 96 main jet (which is what is in mine), then I bumped it up to a 98, then back down to a 92, and now a 94. It feels like it's ALMOST there but not quite. I am going based on stupid internet forums and youtube videos so I have no idea if the setup is correct (a lot of contradicting info online...). I think if it was with someone who knew what they were doing, it wouldn't take much to get it right. I am wondering if there is someone in the forum who is knowledgeable in the forum who would have some time to take a look at it. It'd be really cool to get it set to maximum output. This is probably a very simple fix for someone who has a lot of experience in scooter tuning. Feel free to send a DM and we can chat more.

Willing to pay in cash or booze for your time :)
jbcollier

Post by jbcollier »

Spoke with Bert last night and he is going to try a few things and report back on how it goes.
Macgyyver

Re: Help!

Post by Macgyyver »

Bert! Any success?
=~=~=
2001 Vino YJ50 2-stroke (Just rolled 26,000kms - yes that's right - 26!)
2007 Yamaha V-Star 1100 Custom "Blaze"
2006 new to me Vespa LX150 8,000kms with character
2006 hand-me-down Vespa LX150 33,000kms
jbcollier

Re: Help!

Post by jbcollier »

Yes, he sorted it with a few carb adjustments.