Sunday April 24

Chit chat related to the club or scooters in general

Moderator: Moderators

jbcollier

Sunday April 24

Post by jbcollier »

It's our first ride of the season so we'll make it simple and a little later in the day for warmth's sake

1PM @ Café Blackbird -- Ride @ 1:45-ish

Good parking there so we can admire each other's scoots and the extra weight we've put on over the winter!
RedDogAB

Re: Sunday April 24

Post by RedDogAB »

Terrific. If my battery holds a charge I’ll be there. I have an oil change planned for Tuesday.

I was an ass in the autumn and the battery was out for the winter. My bad.
When you get to the end zone, act like you've been there before. - Vince Lombardi
jbcollier

Post by jbcollier »

Do you have a charger?
RedDogAB

Post by RedDogAB »

Yes, I have a charger. I have to figure out how to move the battery. Using the net it appears simple.
When you get to the end zone, act like you've been there before. - Vince Lombardi
RedDogAB

Post by RedDogAB »

I was spoiled much of my life having a fully equipped garage at my disposal. Condo life is a change - in addition to my disability. Fun, fun.
jbcollier

Post by jbcollier »

I could pop by today and help. You can ping me at

7eight0 six6eight twelve70
jbcollier

Post by jbcollier »

Do you have the 300 or the 150? I think it's the 300 but can't remember for sure.
RedDogAB

Post by RedDogAB »

2018 GTS 300 Super

I’ll give it a whirl. It’s been a while. I was used to a fully equipped heated garage with all my late father’s gear for so long. Now it’s a carport at a condo building.

I figure maybe at lunch I’ll go out. What’s ping?
RedDogAB

Post by RedDogAB »

I have a couple questions for the experts. If I need a new battery, what’s the best local solution? Also, I have an oil change booked for Tuesday at AB Cycle. Is that the best choice? I miss not having the surroundings to do these things anymore.
jbcollier

Post by jbcollier »

Batteries can be had at most motorcycle shops and places like "Battery World". Don't go cheap and nasty as they don't last long.

Oil changes can be done with other club members. You pick up the filter and the oil and we can do thew work for you. UNLESS, this is part of your warranty like a first oil change. Get that done at the dealer.
RedDogAB

Post by RedDogAB »

Thanks so much. I’d love a walk through. I’ll pick up a filter and cancel the Tuesday appointment.

This bike is a 2018 with only 1,400 km but I have no idea of any service history. I bought it in October so I intended for a spring oil change, coolant check, etc. I purchased a two year extended warranty. I’ll address the battery question and then beg Club help with the ropes on an oil change. What cost/liquid refreshments would be in order?

To refresh, I’m disabled and use a walker on foot but I ride fine. Simple tasks are far more difficult for me now. I can’t squat, bend over, etc. with any degree of balance. Putting on socks and tying shoes is difficult. It’s a bummer but it is what it is. I’m just glad to ride but repacking wheel bearings and replacing brakes are a thing of the past.

ps. I absolutely loved the Sunday ride in October with you guys. Thanks.
jbcollier

Post by jbcollier »

The only slight wrinkle is that I'm away starting Friday until the May long weekend. Should be fine to wait until then.
RedDogAB

Post by RedDogAB »

Thanks so much. Forgive me but what is your name again? I’m Duane. I’d be grateful for a guided tour of the Vespa. I’ll pay for it and newbie assistance.
jbcollier

Post by jbcollier »

John here. The only thing I desperately need is more time. Will ping when I'm back.
Papagirl

Post by Papagirl »

Riding season. Would love to join one of these days.... Do you have any 50cc riders that join you guys that can keep up to the pact? Haha 🤔😏

We're far south in Beaumont so it's a bit of a treck but doable 😉