2024 World Vespa Days

Chit chat related to the club or scooters in general

Moderator: Moderators

Reverend2u

2024 World Vespa Days

Post by Reverend2u »

UPDATE:

As of Friday, May 5th. The Vespa World Days 2024 - Canada Event was cancelled by the President of the Vespa World Club.

I (Jeff Schneider - VCOC President) received a 45 minute phone call from Mauro Calestrini, President, Vespa World Club on Friday afternoon and was told that the event was cancelled.

More information to follow.
jbcollier

Re: 2024 World Vespa Days

Post by jbcollier »

Well, that ends that.
Reverend2u

Post by Reverend2u »

Exactly …

I’m heading to Ontario next year regardless. A big disappointment but I might take my Vespa along if they transition to the National VCOC rally being held next in Ontario at a convenient time.
Reverend2u

Post by Reverend2u »

Further to the cancellation of World Vespa Days 2024:

The outcome of VWC AGM in Interlaken is as follows:

1. Mauro Calestrini, faced with the Member's request for vote of non-confidence and dismissal, has resigned from the position of President. Vice-President Mr. Riccardo Costagliola will temporary preside the Club until election of the President on an Extraordinary GM in September or October 2023.

2. The financial report for 2022 was voted 13 against, 6 in favor and 20 abstained.

3. The 2023 budget was voted unanimously in favor.

4. VWD 2024 in Canada is unfortunately definitely canceled. VWC is accepting Member's candidacies for the organization of VWD 2024 and 2025 by mid September. The vote will probably happen on already mentioned EGM.