I made it...

Chit chat related to the club or scooters in general

Moderator: Moderators

LibertineAudrey

I made it...

Post by LibertineAudrey »

... hit 10 000km today, whoo! It was pretty windy on the highway, wasn't the best day to be riding, but I figure I need to cram a few more days in before the snow starts flying. It was pretty chilly, bless the fishtail. I tried out the new Anthony Henday which just opened a day or two ago, it was pretty awesome. Hit up the southside, downtown, and headed back home on the yellowhead. Saw only 4 other motorcycles on the road, two of them were scooters...confirming that we are the toughest bunch on the road. The other two were a harley and a goldwing.

Been pretty quiet on the forum...what's everyone else been up to?

Cheers
All hail Emperor Kang!
Angelo

Post by Angelo »

Audrey,
That's very impressive, I mean it! It has been chilly! Last Sunday was my last ride of the year.

Funny I was thinking the same thing about the forum. Even the regulars have been very quiet, some haven't posted in what seems like months.

The winter months are tuff to stay in touch, that's why I think the Forum is such an important tool to help.

take care
Cheers
Angelo
�Long live vintage motorcycles that are too tough to die...�

- Dustin Kott-
jbcollier

Post by jbcollier »

I have been busy finishing a bicycle course, working on two project bikes, finally completeing a major project at work and building a sliding door for my elevated playdeck and garden shed -- not done yet but maybe by the end of this weekend. I had to go to Leduc's UFA to find the right hardware!

I am also organizing the community's AGM for tonight, getting ready to meet the University/Capitol Health on Monday, attending James's soccer game Saturday and trying to work in a scooter ride this Sunday!

Other than that, not much going on here!

It has been very interesting researching the SS. The motor is genuine but missing a few bits and requiring a few replacement parts as well. It takes a lot of digging to find out which parts were special to the SS. The only special motor part I am missing is the cylinder. The crank and piston are standard V90 so no big deal to find them. I am watching a cylinder on eBay right now so that may be taken care of soon.

All this I am not supposed to be doing! I should be concentrating on the Suzuki. Parts are trickling in for the GS and everything I need is available or repairable.

Oh, and I want to overhaul the BMW's tranny, driveshaft and clutch over the winter too.
jbcollier

Post by jbcollier »

And worse, yesterday was my first, short, ride in over a week! Yup, 22° C and I am working on a shed...
Sowelu

Post by Sowelu »

What can I say, 23 demons wrapped in a candy coating of cuteness and my district's upcoming professional development day where I'm teaching a session to my peers on webquesting has made me super busy. I can't wait for Christmas holidays. Worst of all ... is I'm missing my scoot and riding. *sigh*.

Shannon
"The real danger is not that machines will begin to think like men, but that men will begin to think like machines." Sydney J. Harris
jeffthemod

Post by jeffthemod »

I rode to work this morning, saw one other bike on the road (it was a scooter of course).

As I type this, I can almost feel my toes again.

Cheers,

Jeff the popsicle
I was a mod before you was a mod.
coyoteran
Location: X Marks the spot...X stands for danger...two lines crossing over one another means to me...stay away

Post by coyoteran »

Hi all

Rode in to Nait yesterday for day 2 of the "How to be a civilian again" course that the military offers. Who would have thought you would need a course for that? I mean, I wasn't born military. Still haven't decided if I am staying in or getting out. Some days I need to be dragged in to work while others I think, this is the best job in the world.

The ride in was interesting. I took Starky road and 127th st all the way in. Wow, whas that ever a bad idea at 07:00 in the morning. 127 out by the correction ctr on 10" wheels in the dark is just not a smart thing to do. And every redneck hillbilly driving a truck is convinced that you are the reason he is going to be late for work. As I sat in the parking lot that is 127st between the yellowhead and 137 ave I could not help but notice that the concepts of mass transit, green vehicles, and non-renewable resources really haven't caught on yet. Oh well, I am doing my bit. The drive back was slow. Could not get over 80k into that brutal wind. Was able to draft off the corner of a semi on highway 2, otherwise I would probably still be on the road.

Had a nice little chat with Jeffrey in the mall. Oh, and on another positive note, Scraps lived. The dog I hit was very much alive and kicking when I went out to find my reflector. He got up and ran off like he was shot when he saw the bike in front of his driveway but at least he is still alive. And I did find my reflecter. So, that is all good. And finally, Charlene found out on Wednesday that her boss is not shutting down the business so Char still has a job in the new year. This is VERY good news.

Have a safe halloween and keep the shiny side up. Big party on Saturday night so I think I may be a bit under the weather on Sunday.

Trevor
Vy is it vee get too soon olt and too late schmart?
LibertineAudrey

Wow, so good to hear from some of you guys...I've been missing a few sunday meetings, but it seems like things are shutting down for the winter in that area anyways.

With snow on the ground this morning, I'm guessing that I'll be packing up the scoot for the winter pretty soon too. :( Kind of sad (really sad).

Shannon, are you a little nervous about the sugar overload that comes with halloween? I think I would be...

Good to hear things seem to be going well with everyone... Hopefully there's no winter-lack-of-scooter-induced-depression. I can't wait for the Christmas bash...should be a good time.

Cheers
All hail Emperor Kang!
jbcollier

Post by jbcollier »

And the shed is done. Yipee!

Now I just have to fill it...
Sowelu

Post by Sowelu »

I've already started sedating myself heavily to prepare for the ground zero day and the 7 days of fall out after. :lol:

I'm in town this weekend for a party and will try to make it to Sunday's meet. I have a feeling I will need a lot of caffeine to make me conscious enough to drive home. :oops:

Shannon
"The real danger is not that machines will begin to think like men, but that men will begin to think like machines." Sydney J. Harris
LibertineAudrey

I went as the living dead for Halloween, and Shannon went as the living dead for the meeting on Sunday. Awesome.
All hail Emperor Kang!
Sowelu

Post by Sowelu »

grrr.... brains, oops, I mean coffee. :lol:

Shannon