Busy, busy

Chit chat related to the club or scooters in general

Moderator: Moderators

jbcollier

Busy, busy

Post by jbcollier »

I got back the frame and bits from the powder coaters. Oh my, but they did a great job: creamy smooth without being too shiny.

I also got back the hardware from the zinc platers and now I wish I had sent more. Inexpensive and it looks like cad plating. Oh well, now I will get the rest in stainless as planned.

Tomorrow I go in to work so I can finish off the engine. All it needed was a minor sprucing up: valve adjust, stainless fasteners for rusty ones, replace and re-torque head nuts and a new sprocket.

-----

Still missing an ss90 speedometer. They read only to 100 kph. There were recently two on eBay. One old one (37,000 km) went for 185 Euro and the other, NOS, 303 Euro (!!!!!). I plan on buying a regular speedo (120 km), converting it with a repo face plate and calibrating it to be vaguely accurate. That should cost under a 150ish.
Angelo

Post by Angelo »

Ahh....nothing like the smell of freshly plated or coated parts.....it's better than new car smell! :D
�Long live vintage motorcycles that are too tough to die...�

- Dustin Kott-
jbcollier

Post by jbcollier »

Engine is done now. Cosmetically it is pretty rough but I would have to do a complete strip to blast and paint it so that will wait until something goes south.

One slightly tight intake valve but Argyll had the right shim in stock.