Holiday Get Together

Chit chat related to the club or scooters in general

Moderator: Moderators

coyoteran
Location: X Marks the spot...X stands for danger...two lines crossing over one another means to me...stay away

Holiday Get Together

Post by coyoteran »

Hi all

I floated this out there a few days ago about having a little holiday get together between Christmas and new years. Got a couple of responses so I have added a little helium to this trial balloon and put this forth for your consideration.

The first annual Crude City Christmas RE-Gift Exchange. Take that mauve tie you got from aunt Suzie or the plastic fruit bowl that your crazy cousin Charlie sent you last year and wrap it up as a Re-Gift.

I am thinking that we book a couple of tables at Chucky Cheese, (Thanks for coming up with that Modrey) bring along a few spouses and kids if you got em, do the Re-Gift Exchange and then hit the ski-ball lanes. A small hand crafted gift would also be suitable if you really don't like the re-gift idea. We really do have some creative folks in the club. I am actually quite surprised at the number of right brained folks there are in the scooter community. I wonder if anybody has ever worked out a correlation between the two. (I am so left brained its a marvel I don't tip over)

Tentative dates around the 27-29. Let me know if you are up for it or if you just think this is a stupid idea. I take criticism very well. I do drive a modern scooter after all.
:D :D

Trevor
Vy is it vee get too soon olt and too late schmart?
LibertineAudrey

Post by LibertineAudrey »

I believe I will be able to make any of those evenings, so I'm tentatively in. I don't know if I will have any RE-gifts, so I think I might start working on a crafty item now to hand out. Just a note about Chucky Cheese...it is my understanding that they don't allow adults without children, so I think it's a necessity to bring a few. Maybe someone -coughsocialdirectorcough- should call and find out for sure. Anyways, I love the idea. I love gifts.

cheers

ps...modern scooters rule...until I buy something vintagey.
All hail Emperor Kang!
jbcollier

Post by jbcollier »

I am away but sounds like fun. Enjoy!
Sowelu

Post by Sowelu »

I think I'm back from skiing and haven't yet left for Kelowna by then, so I'm up.

Shannon
"The real danger is not that machines will begin to think like men, but that men will begin to think like machines." Sydney J. Harris
Angelo

Post by Angelo »

Getting together sounds like fun. Chucky fricken Cheese not so fun.....ask me how many times I have been there over the past 3 years? Go ahead! Ask me!!!

I'm up for alternate locations, but if the group goes with the Cheesmeister then I'll catch you all later ...

If I don't get another chance I want to wish you all a happy, safe and health holiday season..

Ciao
Buone Natale e Felice anno nuovo
�Long live vintage motorcycles that are too tough to die...�

- Dustin Kott-
LibertineAudrey

So Angelo... in the last 3 years, how many times have you been to Chucky Fricken Cheese? :twisted:

How about bowling? I like the idea of doing something other than just eating. 5 or 10 pin, awesome shoes, getting to hurl a ball at some pins...it's bound to be fuuuun.

Mini golf is another decent option. I know there are at least a couple indoor courses in Edmonton. We could hit one of the ones at West Ed and then head to a restaurant in the mall (which gives people the option of skipping the mini golf if they're spoil sports).

Just some ideas...

Cheers
All hail Emperor Kang!
coyoteran
Location: X Marks the spot...X stands for danger...two lines crossing over one another means to me...stay away

Post by coyoteran »

Hi all

Semper gumbi guys. (always flexible) Like I said, it was a trial balloon with a little helium added.

Bowling sounds good to me too. I am just shooting for a social gathering that can be family friendly IF a person wanted to bring their little-uns. We could maybe go bowling at the place where we didn't go bowling for the rally if you catch my drift.

Talk to me kids. Oh, and the re-gift gift exchange thing is still looking like its on. You only need to bring one and to make life even more complicated, the plan is to do it as a modified chinese re-gift gift exchange. Where you can only do one steal in a round. Whoever gets stolen from has to choose from the pile. Don't worry, its not as complicated as it sounds.

Lemme hearya holla kids.

Trevor
LibertineAudrey

I'm in for it, with Saturday being my preferred night, but can make it for any. What's the price range, if any, for the gifts?
All hail Emperor Kang!
Angelo

Post by Angelo »

LibertineAudrey wrote:So Angelo... in the last 3 years, how many times have you been to Chucky Fricken Cheese? :twisted:
ok I just finished counting.....14 times.

Do you think that might be the reason I was obssesed this summer with catching mice in my back yard? :evil:

- Dustin Kott-
coyoteran

Post by coyoteran »

If its a re-gift there is no price limit. If you really cant stand the thought of using that $100 Chucky Cheese gift certificate you got from your mom, re-gift it. But if its a hand crafted thing, whattya think people. Is 15 bux enough?

Trevor
Sowelu

Post by Sowelu »

Sounds good to me. Would a craft made by a grade 2 count for the craft type gift? :wink:

Shannon
"The real danger is not that machines will begin to think like men, but that men will begin to think like machines." Sydney J. Harris
Angelo

Post by Angelo »

Sowelu wrote:Sounds good to me. Would a craft made by a grade 2 count for the craft type gift? :wink:

Shannon
sweeeeeeeeet! I have a ton of those! Wait a minute! Mine are signed originals which means they aren't for sale or for give away......Hey I have a broken rear shock! Does that count? Trevor you know that a Broken lambretta shock is worth more than a functioning Vespa Shock...hahahaha

BTW trevor your bits and pieces are still floating around my Garage, what do you want m eto do with them?

- Dustin Kott-
GDOUBLEU

Post by GDOUBLEU »

hey there...

igor and i will be tied up pretty much all of these days...have a blast!

(it's too bad too, because i've got a bronze horse head statue that is BEGGING for a re-gift) :P

g
coyoteran

Post by coyoteran »

BTW trevor your bits and pieces are still floating around my Garage, what do you want m eto do with them?
I am off work for the holidays starting tomorrow at 12:00 so I can come over and get them. I am going to try and get the paint matched at napa during the break.

Ok, so, Modrey is in, Shannon is in. I am in. Angelo? Jeff? Kevin? Redbike? Tia? Ryan? and anyone else I have missed or not heard from?

Bowling, gift exchange, saturday the 29th, time tbd, kids and spouses welcome but not required.

More to follow

Trevor
Sowelu

Post by Sowelu »

coyoteran wrote:Bowling, gift exchange, saturday the 29th, time tbd, kids and spouses welcome but not required.

Whew!!! I thought I might have to ask Santa for a spouse and child for Christmas just so I could come to the get together. :wink:

Shannon