Cheap Bastard

Chit chat related to the club or scooters in general

Moderator: Moderators

coyoteran
Location: X Marks the spot...X stands for danger...two lines crossing over one another means to me...stay away

Cheap Bastard

Post by coyoteran »

Ok, so the leg shield is back together with the new horn firmly ensconsed in it. It wouldn't fit the old horn mount so I ended up suspending it on 5 inches of threaded rod. Yet another relay mounted in the leg shield. If I ever take out all extra electronics I might get another two or three mph out of the bike. But it sounds like a european semi horn when it goes off. A real attention getter.

Putting on the fender was an altogether unfun experience. Dissassemble the instrument cluster. Remove the front shock, tire, brake caliper, and speedometer. Lean the bike way over and pull the steering column out the bottom of the bike. Reassmemble with the fender bounding and rolling all over the place and getting in the way. And then do it all over again when the cables aren't routed properly. Partially reassemble the instrument cluster and bleed the brakes. The rest of it should go back together tomorrow if this weather holds.

If I wasn't such a cheap bastard I would have paid somebody to do this.

Keep the shiny side up all

Trevor
Vy is it vee get too soon olt and too late schmart?
jbcollier

Post by jbcollier »

It's because you're a smart bastard that you're making sure it's done right.
redbike

Re: Cheap Bastard

Post by redbike »

coyoteran wrote:Ok, so the leg shield is back together with the new horn firmly ensconsed in it. It wouldn't fit the old horn mount so I ended up suspending it on 5 inches of threaded rod. Yet another relay mounted in the leg shield. If I ever take out all extra electronics I might get another two or three mph out of the bike. But it sounds like a european semi horn when it goes off. A real attention getter. Trevor
Neat, isn't it? We'll have to have a "horn war" when next we meet. I finally got around to installing my new horn on the 650 yesterday, only to discover that the brain surgeon at A. Cycle didn't bother to use the relay, and simply plugged the Stebel directly into the existing wiring. I'm very lucky I didn't blow my horn switch.
Johnny Redbike.

We, the unfortunate, led by the unqualified, to do the unnecessary for the ungrateful.