New Scooter Owner

Chit chat related to the club or scooters in general

Moderator: Moderators

TK

New Scooter Owner

Post by TK »

Hello all,

My name is Chris, and i recently bought a scooter from a friend of a friend in calgary. I am looking for some information on where to go for some scooter training and where is the best place to go for the driving test. Any help would be much appreciated! Thanks.

Chris
jbcollier

Post by jbcollier »

Welcome on board!

I would strongly recommend taking a full motorcycle training course from either the Alberta Safety Council or NAIT. While you will learn on small motorcycles rather than scooters, the training is comprehensive and well worth the cost
Angelo

Post by Angelo »

Amen...I'll take it to the next level and say that for your own life you shouldn't be on the roads unless you have taken one of those courses, but that's just me..

P.S Welcome Chris
�Long live vintage motorcycles that are too tough to die...�

- Dustin Kott-
jeffthemod

Post by jeffthemod »

Hi Chris, welcome to the forum! :)
I was a mod before you was a mod.
Sowelu

Post by Sowelu »

Hi Chris,

Welcome to the forum.

I have to agree with Angelo and John regarding the motorcycle course. I took it last year and it was money well spent. The course has saved my scoot and my butt a few times last year.

Shannon
"The real danger is not that machines will begin to think like men, but that men will begin to think like machines." Sydney J. Harris
LibertineAudrey

Post by LibertineAudrey »

Hey Chris

Welcome to the forum. I will sheepishly admit that I am one of the few fools in the club who is riding and hasn't taken the course yet (YET! May 3rd weekend and I'm there!). But I thought I should point out that if you go with Alberta Safety Council, they bring a tester in at the end of the course while everything is fresh in your mind. So not only do you get the fine fine training, you also get the convenience of not having to search the yellow pages for a tester.

Once you're up and riding, why not come down to some of the meetings and rides? We're a friendly bunch. ^_^

Cheers
All hail Emperor Kang!
nyxcoot

Post by nyxcoot »

Hi Chris,

Greets from Calgary! I have it on good authority that your PGO scoot was ridden on the Calgary-Edmonton-Calgary round trip a few years back. On the QE2 no less!

It was great to see you in Canmore last month, and I'll see you in Edmonton for the June rally!

Nick