Not this Sunday though...

Chit chat related to the club or scooters in general

Moderator: Moderators

jbcollier

Not this Sunday though...

Post by jbcollier »

My spring teaching madness is starting again so I am out this Sunday. I may be able to pop by and say hello but that's it. Still looks like a good day to get together and ride though.

Tra Amici north-side is CLOSED.

The south-side location is at 11212 76 Avenue NW (a block east of McKernan School at 76 Ave and 114 St).
LibertineAudrey

Post by LibertineAudrey »

I'm at motorcycle training this weekend, so I won't make it either. YAY
All hail Emperor Kang!
Captainwhoopass

Post by Captainwhoopass »

Hello. I am new here, but would love to come along for a ride some time. How would that happen? Do I need an invite? Need to find a member to tag along with? Are owners of modern Vespa's welcome?
jbcollier

Post by jbcollier »

Hi Captainhappybutt,

Just show up! Any means of locomotion is fine: walk, drive, bus, motorcycle, segway, modern scooter, old scooter, moped, bicycle, pogo stick: what-ever-you-got. We'll be casually meeting this Sunday at 1 PM at the south-side Tra Amici. I think I won't be able to go for a ride afterwards but I am sure others will want to.

Just a hop and a skip to the Whitemud and there to the Laurier Park and then maybe up and around to Groat and then down to Mayfair Park. River road to...

I think I just talked myself into it!

Check here for our meeting places and times as the season progresses:

http://www.crudecityscooterclub.com/

Cheers,

John

PS: Good luck on your course Audrey! Relax, relax, relax! Look where you want to go!
LibertineAudrey

Post by LibertineAudrey »

jbcollier wrote: PS: Good luck on your course Audrey! Relax, relax, relax! Look where you want to go!
It's just like riding a horse, then! Thanks so much ^_^

Capt.- I won't be there this weekend, but I hope we'll see you at some of the meetings!

Cheers
All hail Emperor Kang!
Sowelu

Post by Sowelu »

Welcome Capt.

Modern vespas are fine... heck they even let those of us who ride Derbi's ride with them. :wink:

I don't think I'll be there on Sunday as it looks like I'm stuck in the Armpit of Alberta finishing my pottery.

Have fun and keep rally routes in mind.

Your Local Rally Slave Driver/Dictator :P

Shannon
"The real danger is not that machines will begin to think like men, but that men will begin to think like machines." Sydney J. Harris
Rick

Hey

Post by Rick »

So how many people actually going to show at Tra Amici South on Sunday anyways? I'm up for it
jbcollier

Post by jbcollier »

I'll be there but probably not able to ride afterwards.
Angelo

Post by Angelo »

I'm going to be there as well, but I heading north after a coffee and some chitchat, I have to be somewhere by 3
�Long live vintage motorcycles that are too tough to die...�

- Dustin Kott-
coyoteran
Location: X Marks the spot...X stands for danger...two lines crossing over one another means to me...stay away

Post by coyoteran »

Toss a coin. I dunno yet.

Trevor
Vy is it vee get too soon olt and too late schmart?
Angelo

Post by Angelo »

coyoteran wrote:Toss a coin. I dunno yet.

Trevor
If you decide give me a ring, we can meet up since you'll probably ride past me...

Cheers

- Dustin Kott-
Rick

ok

Post by Rick »

I'll ride with you Angelo just tell me what time and where to meet on this end of town. I don't have your number
Angelo

Re: ok

Post by Angelo »

Rick wrote:I'll ride with you Angelo just tell me what time and where to meet on this end of town. I don't have your number
I pm'd you my number

- Dustin Kott-
Angelo

Post by Angelo »

Trevor,
Let us know if you got home alright. Sorry about the shitty luck...

Cheers
Angelo

- Dustin Kott-
coyoteran
Location: X Marks the spot...X stands for danger...two lines crossing over one another means to me...stay away

Post by coyoteran »

Unloaded it from the trailer at 5:30. Found the other key and opened it up. While I was waiting for the truck I was trying different things to spring the lid. As it turns out, I was about 2 pound of pressure away from jimmeying the latch. Oh well. Wouldn't have mattered. Tried to boost the bike and got the same starter spin. I think it is that little pinion that is supposed so spin out and catch the outer ring gear. I think it is siezed. It has been noisy for about 18 months and I think it gave up the ghost today.

Trevor
Vy is it vee get too soon olt and too late schmart?