Lambretta parts

Chit chat related to the club or scooters in general

Moderator: Moderators

Kevin

Lambretta parts

Post by Kevin »

Hey Angelo,

Do you or anyone else know anything about Imola kits on Lambretta motors?

I'm looking at a older TV175 Motor that has an Imola 185 Kit, reeds, and a GP Crank attached. I'm wondering if this is decent or just old junk that will most likely want to be replaced really quickly.

Thanks
Angelo

Post by Angelo »

It sounds like an Ideal setup. I have heard good things about the Imola kits and anyone trying to get more performance out of a Lambretta engine is also going to Reeds. A GP crank upgrade is definetly the way to go, I have done that on both of my bikes. Something to think about, there is a good chance that they have upgraded to a 12V AC as well if they went to the Gp crank as the old Stator doesn't work with the larger cranks.

A great source for tech info or to simply as a question is:
http://lambretta.org/index.php

You will have responses usually over night from alot of guys all over the states and Europe, I'm sure someone out there is running a similar setup and can fill your head with pros and cons.

Hope this helps

Oh ya, BTW TV 175 engines are becoming increasingly difficult to find and are become quite sought after. Even if someday you wanted to revert back to original, it would be easy and you could easily recoupe your investment.
�Long live vintage motorcycles that are too tough to die...�

- Dustin Kott-
Kevin

Post by Kevin »

That settles it, I'm gonna take it. Hope the wife doesn't get too pissed when it arrives.