Broken SR50 :(

Chit chat related to the club or scooters in general

Moderator: Moderators

SeanMacEachernSR50

Broken SR50 :(

Post by SeanMacEachernSR50 »

I just bought an Aprila Sr50 2 days ago and its already broke... Its fairly new (had like 50kms when i bought it) and ive only put on 60kms....I was leaving a stopsign and it revved up to 4000rpm then died. I checked my sparkplug and its nice and tan, not burnt or anything...Any ideas?
SeanMacEachernSR50

Oh yeah

It died about 5 mins after i filled the tank with premium
coyoteran
Location: X Marks the spot...X stands for danger...two lines crossing over one another means to me...stay away

Post by coyoteran »

Does it turn over at all?? Did the rev up to 4k seem abnormal in any way. Does the SR50 have an evap emmisions system in it? The most common cause of Vespa failure is when you overfill the tank but I don't know if this applies.

Check all the hoses going to your carb and airbox. Not just fuel lines. If you are missing a vaccuum line or insufficient vaccuum pressure is generated due to a disconnected hose you will get no fuel flow.

My vespa died on the side of the rode when the main hose from the airbox to the carb came disconnnected.

Fuel filter could alse be clogged.

Just some thoughts. Good luck.

Trevor
Vy is it vee get too soon olt and too late schmart?
SeanMacEachernSR50

It turns over, and the rev wasnt abnormal at all. I am gonna pour another coffee and go check all those hoses now that i have some daylight.
Angelo

Post by Angelo »

Not sure about modern bikes, but I agree it sounds like a fuel/Carb issue, especially since it happened after the fuel fill. Grade of fuel wouldn't have that much to do with it. When my old bike acts up like this, the first place that I check is the carb...
�Long live vintage motorcycles that are too tough to die...�

- Dustin Kott-
SeanMacEachernSR50

Well hopefully i can get the thing running and join you guys for a ride. I just bought my scooter and i was looking for some people to ride with, if you'll have me :)
LibertineAudrey

Post by LibertineAudrey »

I'm useless when it comes to mechanical stuff (most stuff, actually ^_^), but WHEN you get it running, please do come out for a ride!

Cheers
All hail Emperor Kang!
jbcollier

Post by jbcollier »

Is that the one with the Ditech engine? If so, don't screw with it. Take it to the dealer to be diagnosed properly. It has a wonderful injection system that allows you to use very little oil. Marvelous design but not road side repair friendly.

BTW, it's the one twist and go that really tempts me. Believe it or not they use a Gameboy controller to set-up and diagnose the injection. Ask for them to set it to unrestricted "test" mode. It will really fly then!

I hope it is an easy fix. Pop by on Sunday regardless!
jeffthemod

Post by jeffthemod »

Welcome aboard Sean!
I was a mod before you was a mod.
SeanMacEachernSR50

Well unfortunately i could not make it out sunday :'( I took my scoot into TopGear and the problem turned out to be beyond my control. It should be all smooth sailing from here! I will have my ride back today (hopefully) and be tearin' up the streets in no time!
LibertineAudrey

Post by LibertineAudrey »

glad to hear she's running again ^_^
All hail Emperor Kang!