Lack of respect

Chit chat related to the club or scooters in general

Moderator: Moderators

ForgedPixels

Lack of respect

Post by ForgedPixels »

Man, people need to learn not to touch stuff that isn't theirs and respect other peoples' property. I found my bike off its stand this morning, leaning against the parkade wall. Someone probably felt like pushing it around the parkade for fun or something, but didn't realize the steering was locked so they left it against the wall after failing to re-stand it.

Fortunately the only thing out of place was the leaning-side mirror, easy enough to move back into place. Better shape than Anna(Szara)'s Scarebeo which, a couple weeks ago, she found knocked over with a couple spots scraped up and coolant all dumped out.

Some people... :evil:
~Barrett R
Angelo

Post by Angelo »

Sorry to hear about that dude. I really feel sorry for people that don't have secure parking. If I didn't I probably wouldn't sleep at nights, but then again If people would mind there own business and leave what doesn't belong to them alone, we wouldn't even be having this conversation....

Some people
Last edited by Angelo on Sat Jul 05, 2008 6:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
�Long live vintage motorcycles that are too tough to die...�

- Dustin Kott-
LibertineAudrey

Post by LibertineAudrey »

not cool of them, not cool at all. >_<
All hail Emperor Kang!
toobroke

Post by toobroke »

You can always store it in my garage!
Sowelu

Post by Sowelu »

That's craptacular to hear.

Shannon
"The real danger is not that machines will begin to think like men, but that men will begin to think like machines." Sydney J. Harris
jbcollier

Post by jbcollier »

I don't know what it is. Maybe the cute factor? I have had several people just try out my scoot and sidecar rig for size. I suppose I wouldn't mind if they asked but just what the h*ll they are thinking is a complete mystery to me.

Oh well, at least that young man who gets somewhat over excited on people's cars has left me well enough alone thus far.
teenytinytorrie

Post by teenytinytorrie »

Consider getting a disk alarm, it gets set off if the wheel moves and helps prevent crap like that...ps...I want to see more pics of the orange S. I bought one as well, but it is staying in the crate for a while....so if you post more pics i can at least show people my new addition
ForgedPixels

Post by ForgedPixels »

teenytinytorrie wrote:Consider getting a disk alarm, it gets set off if the wheel moves and helps prevent crap like that...ps...I want to see more pics of the orange S. I bought one as well, but it is staying in the crate for a while....so if you post more pics i can at least show people my new addition
That's a slick idea. I'm currently just putting a plain black cover over it; might be deterrent enough. Anna tried a simple disk lock, but it broke off easily when she drove away once forgetting it was there.

My work supervisor is really into photography and wants to do a scooter shoot sometime, so the results would be posted here immediately thereafter. Also, I've been wanting to scoot around town and do some random photography myself.
~Barrett R
jbcollier

Post by jbcollier »

You were darn lucky.

A good quality disc lock will toast a lot of expensive front end bits if you try to drive away with it attached. Use a brightly coloured cable from the disc lock to the handlebar to make sure you don't forget.
teenytinytorrie

Post by teenytinytorrie »

or you can get a good throttle lock