I'M BAAACK!

Chit chat related to the club or scooters in general

Moderator: Moderators

redbike

I'M BAAACK!

Post by redbike »

Two provinces, three states, and I haven't counted the kms yet but will get to that later. I hauled ass yesterday from Missoula Montana and got back last evening at 9:30. Came back via Glacier National Park, home of the Going to the Sun Hwy. For those who know, a moment of reverence please; for those who haven't done it yet, you must take this hwy sometime. Another highlight was hwy 12 between Evanston Idaho and Missoula: 200 miles of twisties. Also did (again, cause its just so friggin good) the run up Kootenay Lake from Creston to the KL ferry and down the other side of the lake to Nelson.

Anyways, got laundry to do and a noble steed to wash, but how about BIKE NIGHT this coming Wed? Anyone, anyone?

Hugs and kisses to all from the prick.
Johnny Redbike.

We, the unfortunate, led by the unqualified, to do the unnecessary for the ungrateful.
Sowelu

Post by Sowelu »

We missed you. Glad you had a good time.

Shannon
"The real danger is not that machines will begin to think like men, but that men will begin to think like machines." Sydney J. Harris
Angelo

Post by Angelo »

Hey brother, good to have you home safely. One of these we will have to strap a camera to you and get your trip on the 3D Imax....Bike nite is a good maybe, I've got lots of stuff on the go, I will let you know by Tuesday next week...
Ciao
Angelo
�Long live vintage motorcycles that are too tough to die...�

- Dustin Kott-
LibertineAudrey

Post by LibertineAudrey »

Bike niiiiiight! (er...I'll likely be there, I'll know better closer to the day)

Welcome back!
All hail Emperor Kang!
teenytinytorrie

Post by teenytinytorrie »

so how long did that take you,,,sounds fun
redbike

Post by redbike »

teenytinytorrie wrote:so how long did that take you,,,sounds fun
On the road for 9 glorious days. Too friggin hot, though: it was over 100 degrees for most of the time in the US. Great trip - new respect for the American version of customer service. They get it, and it shows. People all friendly and NO FUCKING IDIOTS ON THE ROAD. Seriously, not one bone-headed driving move by anyone while in the US. Very refreshing.

Picked up 3 other riders in Drayton Valley and Rocky Mountain House. Down to Sask. River Crossing to Radium. East Kootenays, then dropped down to Washington for 3 days, Idaho for a couple and then to Montana, my spiritual home. Trip back from Missoula was an entirely pleasant 13 hours. Came up through Glacier/Logan pass and crossed into Cardston.
Johnny Redbike.

We, the unfortunate, led by the unqualified, to do the unnecessary for the ungrateful.
coyoteran
Location: X Marks the spot...X stands for danger...two lines crossing over one another means to me...stay away

Post by coyoteran »

GD, Lazy Ass, Retired, Got Nothing Better to Do With His Time than Tool around Western Canada and the US for 10 Days.......I HATE YOU!!!!!!

Said the whiny jerk sitting at his desk at work wishing it was him out there.

:D :D :D

Mon Work
Tue Work
Wed Work
Thur Work
Fri Work
Sat Ride
Sun Ride
Mon Work
Tues QUIT,
Ride, ride, ride, ride, ride, ride.....
Trevor
Vy is it vee get too soon olt and too late schmart?
redbike

Post by redbike »

coyoteran wrote:GD, Lazy Ass, Retired, Got Nothing Better to Do With His Time than Tool around Western Canada and the US for 10 Days.......I HATE YOU!!!!!!

Said the whiny jerk sitting at his desk at work wishing it was him out there.

:D :D :D Trevor
Sure, THIS WEEK, but what about NEXT WEEK, when I'm "goin' to da dogs". Thought I should enjoy my last couple of weeks of freedom (cue Isaak Hayes a la woodstock)
Johnny Redbike.

LibertineAudrey

Ok, so I'm 99% in for bikenight tomorrow...is it still a go???
All hail Emperor Kang!
Angelo

Post by Angelo »

I'm 99%....My bro is supposed to swing by, but no confirmation from yet...

if he doesn't show, his loss! my GAIN!

man I have been craving onions rings for weeks!

- Dustin Kott-
redbike

Post by redbike »

LibertineAudrey wrote:Ok, so I'm 99% in for bikenight tomorrow...is it still a go???
Wild horses couldn't keep me away, but standing in the rain will. Am going to bail on tonight folks, in favour of dinner with der schweibe. Aplogies, and better luck next Wednesday!
Johnny Redbike.

jbcollier

Post by jbcollier »

No rain, small crowd, lots of questions about the Duck and Angelo's Vespa. Heck even John showed up. Man there were a lot V-Stroms there!
Angelo

Post by Angelo »

I think we need to change the Commercial too...

"your living in V-Strom country (as apposed to Ford country)"

Small crowd but the onions rings were perfect!

Good to see John to the power of 2 :lol:

- Dustin Kott-
redbike

Post by redbike »

Sorry for the mixed messages (Modry) Skies looked more promising after dinner, so decided to make the run up. Group never got appreciably bigger than when you two boys left, but still, nice to get out! Medici, your scooter got some loving comments from the strommers as you pulled out. I allowed as how I wasn't much influenced by what others said about you, and that I thought you were not that bad a guy...
Johnny Redbike.

LibertineAudrey

Aw, that sucks...I had ridden out early to sherwood park to do some shopping, got the message from Redbike...decided you were all a bunch of sissys for not riding in the rain :wink: , and decided to continue shopping (bought some really cute camis and a skirt, too).

Oh well, there will be other Wednesdays, I guess. Glad you guys had fun!
All hail Emperor Kang!