Ride to Pigeon Lake!!!!

Chit chat related to the club or scooters in general

Moderator: Moderators

Alvin

Scooter ride

Post by Alvin »

Hello My name is Alvin and I have a 1980 P200E my friend Graham and I would love to go on a ride but Graham ,who has a PK 50 premix was just wondering about the fuel issue. He has also been a member for a bit and is not able to log on. Could the administrator please contact Graham and assist him.
Sanosuke87

Post by Sanosuke87 »

count me in for this one, ive missed allot of the meetings recently, so ill make it up with this.
bstanish

Post by bstanish »

I'll be in Vancouver the week before, but if I am not too tired when I get back, I'm in...so count me a a solid, confirmed maybe!

Bradley
redbike

Post by redbike »

May have a work thing that day; won't know until next week.
Johnny Redbike.

We, the unfortunate, led by the unqualified, to do the unnecessary for the ungrateful.
nocattle

Post by nocattle »

I've invited the ApocalypseSC to Pigeon Lake on Aug 23rd.
This is an ambitious ride for most of us here in Cowtown.
Although I heard that the more miles on the OD really helps with the resale value.
giddyup
jbcollier

Post by jbcollier »

Plans are all set now and Daughter and I will be leaving on our trip that day so I am out.

Enjoy and I hope the weather is fine for both our sakes!
jeffthemod

Re: Scooter ride

Post by jeffthemod »

Alvin wrote:Hello My name is Alvin and I have a 1980 P200E my friend Graham and I would love to go on a ride but Graham ,who has a PK 50 premix was just wondering about the fuel issue. He has also been a member for a bit and is not able to log on. Could the administrator please contact Graham and assist him.
Hi Alvin, nice to meet you at the meeting. I fixed up Graham's account and emailed him but have not heard back. Next time you speak to him, can you get him to drop me a line either here on the board or at jeffthemod@hotmail.com?

Cheers,

Jeff
I was a mod before you was a mod.
RyanRumsey

Post by RyanRumsey »

Not sure now if I can make the trip out to the lake, I have some sudden commitments that I might have to attend to, I think for now it's best to count me out for this time. I hope everyone who goes has a blast!
Rick

Update

Post by Rick »

I have a feeling that some of you might be thinking that this ride is too far for let say a vintage bike or what not or new bike. The ride is only maybe 60 or 70km tops. We are going to try to ride together in a group and see how that goes. I don't know about you but this might be our only chance to go on a longer type ride this year. I understand if you have legitimate plans that day, so the meeting point for us is Edmonton at least will be West Side somewhere, hopefully close to a gas station.

Well I'm considering routes down there right now, 2A was suggested but I would rather go through Devon,Calmar way. Any other thoughts???

List of things to bring

Swimtrunks/Swimsuits
Towels
Cooler/Beverages
Sunscreen
Sunglasses
Rain gear incase (This ride is cancelled if it's raining that day)
Food, (you can buy some there I'm sure.)
Money
Etc. Etc.
jbcollier

Post by jbcollier »

2A doesn't make much sense. I agree that Devon, Calmar, etc is the way to go. After Calmar, it depends on which end of the lake you are going to. 795 to get south or on to Thorsby and 778 to get to the north end.

Rick is completely right in saying it is a short ride.

I wish I was coming but the Daughter had final say in when we were leaving.
Sowelu

Post by Sowelu »

So what is the plan for this Sat???

Where are we meeting? What time are we leaving????

(Can you tell I'm excited to go? :roll: )

Shannon
"The real danger is not that machines will begin to think like men, but that men will begin to think like machines." Sydney J. Harris
jeffthemod

Post by jeffthemod »

If all goes well with replacing my front shock, I am still in.
I was a mod before you was a mod.
Rick

Update

Post by Rick »

I figure we could meet around 9:00 am if that's not too early for some, just need to look at some maps to find some good paved roads to get there. I'll work on it today. Weather should be ok not too hot not too cold but that can change in a second. I'll post route later. Once I have the route then we will pick the meet up spot.
Rick

Ride

Post by Rick »

Ok so we are going to meet at Callingwood Gas Station at 9:00 am, I think it's a shell. It's Approx location 178ST and south of Whitemud Drive, Small Strip mall area. Just follow 178st south till you find it.

I got the best route picked out from google maps.

178St South which turns into Lessard Road, Across Anthony Henday, South on 199St. Right on 23 Ave., to HWY 60. Travel South through Devon. Right at HWY 39 to Calmar, South on 795, then right on 616 to Pigeon Lake. This is the fastest route, hopefully we won't hold up too many people on the road. These are all paved roads as far as I know.
See you there. Nobody will run out of gas we can stop in Devon and Calmar for fills.
Cheers
nocattle

Post by nocattle »

Where in Pigeon Lake?
When I leave here at 9am I expect to be there about noon.
I'll look for the scooters.
giddyup