Anyone wanna give me a tour of my bike parts?

Chit chat related to the club or scooters in general

Moderator: Moderators

RyanRumsey

Anyone wanna give me a tour of my bike parts?

Post by RyanRumsey »

Hey, I just recently had my first service (1500km now!) and my Uncle who's a top mechanic at Nissan was alarmed at the cost of it from Argyll Motors (over $300 for fluid checks, air in my tires and a new sparkplug, and over $260 was for labour). Anyway, I was hoping that someone could meet up with me sometime and show me the different parts of my bike and it's engine and how I can maintain it and service it myself when I need to at 6000km. This would be greatly appreciated as I am very limited in my motor vehicle knowledge, your time will not go unnoticed and there's a meal on me in it for you. Anyone Interested?
jeffthemod

Post by jeffthemod »

I know little of these auto machines, (and even less of 2-strokes), but I can come over to your place in a leather jacket and ask you if your mummie's hairdryer has blown up or if you have a rubber band busted if that will help. But seriously, if you need a hand, I am sure we can find the service manual and figger some stuff out.
I was a mod before you was a mod.
Rick

Help

Post by Rick »

I mentioned to you earlier about the maintenance thing if you want, unless someone else has taken a Vino apart I might be the only one who knows those bikes. When next you need an oil change or gear oil change let me know and we can go through the other stuff as well.
RyanRumsey

Post by RyanRumsey »

Thanks guys, I'll definately call you when the time comes!
jbcollier

Post by jbcollier »

First get the repair manual. Preferably a factory one. All the relevant info and service procedures will be there.