My Saturday Accident

Chit chat related to the club or scooters in general

Moderator: Moderators

Rick

My Saturday Accident

Post by Rick »

So I'm supposed to meet with John Sat. Morning to work on the small frame at 9:00 am. It was quite Chilly that morning I'm guessing around 6 degrees anyways I warm up the Vespa hop on and start over to his place, on one of the first set of lights I came to it was green So I didn't have to slow down making a right hand turn, so thinking this was my new bike took the corner quite steep and sharp then of course before I knew it I had low sided the bike and spun and flew off and landed about 5 feet from the bike, I immediately got up instinctively went over to the Vespa which was still running laying on it's side on the ground picked it up and stalled it, I then pulled it over to side of road and got off into a parking lot before I got run over. I was amazed that nobody stopped but it was probably cause I got up right away. I sat on the bike running for a couple of minutes assessing wether or not I should continue to Johns or just limp my way home. My steering was all screwed up so I kicked it back sort of straight and decided to carry on being able to sort of walk Still . In the cold I never really knew how much hurt I was in. Got To john's spent a couple hours there then drove home, Next day I could hardly move, I had some minor damage to my knee (Road Rash), a really sore foot which my Runner is a little worse for wear and a really Sore back I was contemplating going to see someone about it. Anyways I'm limping around now but my back is still really screwed, it will take a few days to heal I'm sure. All of this was my own Fault, Cold Tires, Morning dew, too sharp a turn Etc. Amazingly my hands nor any of my upper body was hurt. Well just thought I would share my Story with you guys.I was too hurting to go anywhere on Sunday that's for sure.
Cheers
DoesDerbiCount?

Post by DoesDerbiCount? »

At least you walked away from it.
Hope you have a speedy recovery, and the same goes for the Vespa.
Angelo

Post by Angelo »

Hey Rick,
Hope your wounds heal quickly, that's really to bad you went down, but glad that it wasn't to bad, Early mornings at this time of year can be scarey if your not careful.

Hope you get going soon, It would be a shame to miss out on this beautiful riding weather this week. Does the Vespa look more like the Halloween bike that you have been dreaming of?

Cheers
Angelo
�Long live vintage motorcycles that are too tough to die...�

- Dustin Kott-
Rick

Post by Rick »

Well it does has a little more of the Rat bike look I guess now. I'm soo lucky that I wasn't seriously hurt or run over for that matter. I keep running the events through my mind and it never seems to make sense but it happens soo fast. Well in a couple of days I should be good to ride again.
Angelo

Post by Angelo »

Rick wrote:Well it does has a little more of the Rat bike look I guess now. I'm soo lucky that I wasn't seriously hurt or run over for that matter. I keep running the events through my mind and it never seems to make sense but it happens soo fast. Well in a couple of days I should be good to ride again.
How fast were you going? I thought you were just going around a corner?
�Long live vintage motorcycles that are too tough to die...�

- Dustin Kott-
Sowelu

Post by Sowelu »

I'm glad to hear that you are okay.

Shannon
"The real danger is not that machines will begin to think like men, but that men will begin to think like machines." Sydney J. Harris
LibertineAudrey

Post by LibertineAudrey »

Glad to hear you're mostly ok, Rick. Hope you have a quick recovery.

Cheers
All hail Emperor Kang!
RyanRumsey

Post by RyanRumsey »

What a happening, Rick! I hope you will be okay and that you recover fully and soon. Take care and, as my Gramma would say, "Put some epsom salts in your bath" (her cure for everything lol).

Ryan
jeffthemod

Post by jeffthemod »

Ouch, awful story! Glad to hear you are (mostly) ok.
I was a mod before you was a mod.
coyoteran
Location: X Marks the spot...X stands for danger...two lines crossing over one another means to me...stay away

Post by coyoteran »

Any crash you can walk away from is by definition "a good crash" so when you tell the story in the future you can always start with..."I had this good crash once."

Heal up and keep riding

Trevor
Vy is it vee get too soon olt and too late schmart?
Rick

Post by Rick »

I was doing around 30 to 35 km around a 90 degree corner. Not cool