Who Gives a Damn

Chit chat related to the club or scooters in general

Moderator: Moderators

coyoteran
Location: X Marks the spot...X stands for danger...two lines crossing over one another means to me...stay away

Who Gives a Damn

Post by coyoteran »

Ok, so I just rolled over 10000 k on the Yeti this morning coming in to work. The numbers so far work out like this. From new...

497 Litres of Fuel
$641.69 on Fuel
Avg Cost/L = $1.29
Avg Fuel economy 57.24 MPG or 5.05 L/100Km
Maintenance Costs = $266.46
Misc Expenses (Bike, Taxes, Fees, Insurance, After Market Crap) = $10,796.58
For a total cost per mile of .......$1.91

Ok, so my house is falling down, my yard looks like it belongs to Ma and Pa Kettle, my kids barely remember what I look like but who gives a damn. I know all this useless stuff about a scooter.

Keep the shiny side up folks.

Trevor
Vy is it vee get too soon olt and too late schmart?
jbcollier

Post by jbcollier »

Curiously, if you divide 497 by 57.24 and then multiply the result by 266.46 and then divide by the scooter constant (ü) you get:

Yup, you are in league with Satan.

Not that this is any surprise to your wife!

Now where did I put my meds...
LibertineAudrey

Post by LibertineAudrey »

I'm impressed by the math skills and attention to details that members of this club exhibit. I'm hoping to make 10000km this year, but I think I'm going to fall short. The rest of my numbers all translate to blah blah blah.

Congrats on the 10000, Trevor.

Cheers
All hail Emperor Kang!
Angelo

Post by Angelo »

jbcollier wrote: Yup, you are in league with Satan
No comment.

Very impressive!
�Long live vintage motorcycles that are too tough to die...�

- Dustin Kott-
Sowelu

Post by Sowelu »

hmmm ..... Roughriders fan and in league with Satan .... is there any correlation? :wink:

Congrats Trevor!

Shannon
"The real danger is not that machines will begin to think like men, but that men will begin to think like machines." Sydney J. Harris
coyoteran
Location: X Marks the spot...X stands for danger...two lines crossing over one another means to me...stay away

Post by coyoteran »

LibertineAudrey wrote:I'm impressed by the math skills and attention to details that members of this club exhibit. I'm hoping to make 10000km this year, but I think I'm going to fall short. The rest of my numbers all translate to blah blah blah.

Congrats on the 10000, Trevor.

Cheers
Hi Modrey..

Just tack on the "Trailer Mileage" from the Kelowna trip. Thats what a Harley rider would do, right?
"Yeah, had this little baby on the road for 8000 km this year."
"Oh, is your speedo broken because your odometer only says 972 Km?"
"No, its not broke its just that I want the bike to hold it's value so I trailered it to Sturgis, San Diego and Victoria. I coulda rode it so its pretty much the same thing."

heheheheheheheh

The funny part though? I have had this exact conversation.

Trevor
jbcollier

Post by jbcollier »

BTW, my sister bought the 06 Burgman 400. She is very happy with it though having a bit of trouble getting its girth around the pylons at her skills test.
jbcollier

Post by jbcollier »

PS: And when am I going to see you and Yeti again!!
coyoteran

Post by coyoteran »

jbcollier wrote:BTW, my sister bought the 06 Burgman 400. She is very happy with it though having a bit of trouble getting its girth around the pylons at her skills test.
Yes...it certainly is a handy skill, being able to weave between pylons what with them cluttering up the roadways all the time at perfectly even intervals.......man, what a sensless drill.

Tiny wheels and big ass make that tough.

Regarding my participation in club rituals, I will be at the toy run on sunday but Tiara will be the steed. I feel sort of like an olympic equestrian here. "And now entering the ring on a beautiful italian mare, Tiara, is Trevor. What a fantastic specimen. And the bike's not bad either."

Trevor
jbcollier

Post by jbcollier »

While I am looking for my meds, I'll see if I can find yours, too.

:-)