Bike Night Tonight ?

Chit chat related to the club or scooters in general

Moderator: Moderators

jbcollier

Bike Night Tonight ?

Post by jbcollier »

Well, I knocked Janet on the head with a frozen mackerel and, while she was still stunned, asked if she wanted to go to possibly the last bike night of the year! Still reeling, she said, Yes."

Sorry for the late notice but my family and I will be at bike night tonight at around 7 PM. See you there if you can make it.
coyoteran
Location: X Marks the spot...X stands for danger...two lines crossing over one another means to me...stay away

Post by coyoteran »

Somebody representing the Morinville Chapter of the Crude City Scooter club will be in attendance. I don't know who or on what but someone will be there.

Trevor
Vy is it vee get too soon olt and too late schmart?
LibertineAudrey

Post by LibertineAudrey »

I would love to come, but I am unfortunetly still ill :(

Have fun!
All hail Emperor Kang!
DoesDerbiCount?

Post by DoesDerbiCount? »

Are you guys talking about the pet can bike night? Just making sure because I'd love to hop down and say hi. Haven't seen any of you guys in too long!
Angelo

Post by Angelo »

Ill be there....
�Long live vintage motorcycles that are too tough to die...�

- Dustin Kott-
jbcollier

Post by jbcollier »

Yes, Petro Canada on 97 Street well north of 150 Ave. Just keep going and it will be on your right if you are headed north.
jbcollier

Post by jbcollier »

Nice to see everyone and it's hard to believe it's October. Boy that "Derbi " SV1000 is one BIG SCOOT! Had a nice chat with another sidecar owner (the retro Harley). Janet and James came as well and enjoyed themselves though Janet said she wouldn't want to do it every week (or month for that matter). Once a year is what I'll shoot for.

Cheers!
coyoteran
Location: X Marks the spot...X stands for danger...two lines crossing over one another means to me...stay away

Post by coyoteran »

Ok, so I assume that we are pretty much all in agreement that moose are very big animals. As far as ungulates go anyway. Not up there with a whale or an elephant but pretty damn big nonetheless.

But you really don't have an appreciation for how big they are until you find yourself hurtling toward one on a Vespa at 100 kph on a dark Alberta highway, only realizing that you are in fact hurtling twd one when you see the tail lights of the car in front of you blink as the moose's legs come between them and you. You make that connection and realize you are only about 80 yards away from said car and said moose must be closer than that.

Thats when you really realize how big a moose is as your front brake pads make that buzzing sound on the perforated disk, your rear wheel locks due too all the weight being transferred fwd, your wifes helmet smashes into yours, the horn blasts to get the animal frightened and it has the opposite effect of causing the moose to slow down keeping it in your path. And you are thinking....."Damn thats a big fucking moose"

Of course, the moose lived. We lived. No damage to the bike other than a little exessive tire and break wear and another story to tell on a Sunday afternoon over coffee.

Trevor
Vy is it vee get too soon olt and too late schmart?
jbcollier

Post by jbcollier »

Holy Doodle!

You and Charlene are very lucky and we are very happy.

Be careful out there folks.
Angelo

Post by Angelo »

Crap....scary poop.....Your control and skill on 2 wheels seems to shine in situations like this but I hope I never have to read about you in another situation like this.....Ever!

Very happy that you are both ok.
�Long live vintage motorcycles that are too tough to die...�

- Dustin Kott-
DoesDerbiCount?

Post by DoesDerbiCount? »

Glad to hear you two made it through okay.
LibertineAudrey

Post by LibertineAudrey »

Yikes, I've had a few close calls with moose before, and I've found that not only are they big, but they're kind of ignorant too. Glad you guys made it through safely.
All hail Emperor Kang!