Kevin Recovering Nicely

Chit chat related to the club or scooters in general

Moderator: Moderators

jbcollier

Kevin Recovering Nicely

Post by jbcollier »

Kevin is looking much, much better. He was sitting upright when I arrived and will be transferred into a general surgical ward as soon as there is a bed available. The nurse said he would probably be put in 3E so check with reception to track his whereabouts down.

I dropped off a birthday card and a few presents from the "Crudes."
Last edited by jbcollier on Wed Nov 12, 2008 8:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sowelu

Post by Sowelu »

Thanks John!

Shannon
"The real danger is not that machines will begin to think like men, but that men will begin to think like machines." Sydney J. Harris
RyanRumsey

Post by RyanRumsey »

Thank you, John, that was a very heartwarming gesture! I'm glad to hear that Kevin was doing better today and on the mend, it will be a great day when he can return to the comfort of his home, I'm sure he is really missed there right now. I'm thinking healing thoughts for him, thank you again for the update, John!
jbcollier

Post by jbcollier »

I went and visited Kevin again tonight and he is looking great. He is off the serious pain killers and is completely lucid and cracking jokes. It's great to see him back to normal. He has changed rooms to 3F2.26 (thanks for the info Angelo).

I think we can put a Sunday visit back on the schedule! It will have to be before 2 PM so perhaps we could meet at noon rather than our usual 1 PM.
coyoteran
Location: X Marks the spot...X stands for danger...two lines crossing over one another means to me...stay away

Post by coyoteran »

Hi all

Please send my regards to Kevin on Sunday as I will be in Halifax.

Crashes suck and pain sux but any crash that everybody lives to talk about is a good crash.

Trevor
Vy is it vee get too soon olt and too late schmart?
Sowelu

Post by Sowelu »

I'm not going to be able to make it on Sunday. (Which in itself sucks, but that's another story.) Please give my regards to Kevin.

Shannon
"The real danger is not that machines will begin to think like men, but that men will begin to think like machines." Sydney J. Harris
LibertineAudrey

Post by LibertineAudrey »

Good to hear that Kevin is on the mend. I personally would like to do the Sunday-group-visit dealie and noon works for me, but like always, that just my opinion.

Cheers
All hail Emperor Kang!
Angelo

Post by Angelo »

Give my best to Kevin. I'm suffering with a killer cold and I don't want to be the one spreading germs. He looked pretty good on Thursday, a little doopy, kind of like what I look like after a few to many Jack shots, but over all not bad :D
�Long live vintage motorcycles that are too tough to die...�

- Dustin Kott-
bstanish

Post by bstanish »

Glad to hear he's doing better. Wish I could have made it out today, but work got the better of me. If anyone is visiting, please give my regards.
jeffthemod

Post by jeffthemod »

Thanks for visiting Kevin, glad to hear he is doing much better. I was up to my eyeballs (kneecaps) in 3 and 4 year olds, as it was my daughter's birthday on Sunday.
I was a mod before you was a mod.
Angelo

Post by Angelo »

Kevin,
When you get settled at home and have time to check the forum I just want you to know that I started a thread on the GVVR forum to inform our fellow scooterists of your plight. The following people send there best wishes and encouragement for a speedy recovery.

Dennis (ScooterMD)
Delia and Roy Schatz
Roy ( rocket )
Topcat
Sheila

Cheers
�Long live vintage motorcycles that are too tough to die...�

- Dustin Kott-
Kevin

Post by Kevin »

Hey guys,

Thanks for the wishes and visits, but I've let out, I can no longer be found at the U of A.

SUSIE! (at least i don't have to listen to that anymore)

So, I'm at home now for the rest of the recovery.

Kevin