November 26, and still scootering?

Chit chat related to the club or scooters in general

Moderator: Moderators

daniel.larson2

November 26, and still scootering?

Post by daniel.larson2 »

It's amazing that its November 26th, and still scootable! I was riding around doing errands and saw a few other bikes on the road, a cafe racer of some sort and a Burgman.

Are others out there still hitting the road?
Sip another rum and coke, told a dirty joke.
coyoteran
Location: X Marks the spot...X stands for danger...two lines crossing over one another means to me...stay away

Post by coyoteran »

I curse my haste to park my bike almost every day. Its not like I couldn't put it back on the road but to get it to fit in the garage it's a bit like a jigsaw puzzle...that I don't want to do again.

Trevor
Vy is it vee get too soon olt and too late schmart?
jbcollier

Post by jbcollier »

Still riding but the outfit only. Both Orange Crush and the Duck are away in the rafters and the Suzuki has it's tank off and soaking in oil.

James and I had a nice sideways slide last week so be careful if there is any moisture about. Haven't seen anyone else riding when it's -10°. I do see a few when it gets above zero.
daniel.larson2

Post by daniel.larson2 »

Ya, I had a slide last week when there was a bit more ice on the road. Scary stuff, I hear ya. I've downgraded from commuting via scooter for the daily ride to just using it to get around for errands. Just because it gets dark so early these days and I'm always reticent about leave the scooter around downtown after dark, especially when mine is the only bike parked in the motorcycle parking area.
Sip another rum and coke, told a dirty joke.
Angelo

Post by Angelo »

Rode the blue flash to work yesterday. I took it easy and picked a route with few turns. It was good, but still scary. I left work early before things started cooling off to quick.
�Long live vintage motorcycles that are too tough to die...�

- Dustin Kott-
redbike

Post by redbike »

coyoteran wrote:I curse my haste to park my bike almost every day. Its not like I couldn't put it back on the road but to get it to fit in the garage it's a bit like a jigsaw puzzle...that I don't want to do again.

Trevor
Do I take this as "thanks anyways, don't need your garage space, John"?
Johnny Redbike.

We, the unfortunate, led by the unqualified, to do the unnecessary for the ungrateful.
coyoteran
Location: X Marks the spot...X stands for danger...two lines crossing over one another means to me...stay away

Post by coyoteran »

Yeah...aren't I the biggest jackass in the world. Sorry I never got back to you John. I put the bike away on one of the days it snowed thinking, "Damn, can't get it to John's now, guess I had better make space" which should have been followed by a msg or a phone call. But it wasn't. I am blaming early onset alshi...alzhig.....alzhim....senility. :)

Trevor
Vy is it vee get too soon olt and too late schmart?
redbike

Post by redbike »

coyoteran wrote:Yeah...aren't I the biggest jackass in the world. Sorry I never got back to you John. I put the bike away on one of the days it snowed thinking, "Damn, can't get it to John's now, guess I had better make space" which should have been followed by a msg or a phone call. But it wasn't. I am blaming early onset alshi...alzhig.....alzhim....senility. :)

Trevor
No harm done; I can then offer the space to sumbunny else
Johnny Redbike.

We, the unfortunate, led by the unqualified, to do the unnecessary for the ungrateful.
jbcollier

Post by jbcollier »

Dang my tank just went on to reserve and now I have to decide. Do I fill up and keep riding or hang up my spurs?
LibertineAudrey

Post by LibertineAudrey »

I wish I was still riding, and it has been tempting, but the icey spots on the highways aren't always melting off throughout the day anymore :\.

Besides, absence makes the heart grow fonder, how great is next spring going to be when I start riding again? SO GREAT.
All hail Emperor Kang!
Angelo

Post by Angelo »

jbcollier wrote:Dang my tank just went on to reserve and now I have to decide. Do I fill up and keep riding or hang up my spurs?
Man I hate to tell you, but snow and rain heading into Next week. I hate to sound like a mother hen, but I think the time might have come to hang up those spurs John. I'm done for the year...
�Long live vintage motorcycles that are too tough to die...�

- Dustin Kott-