Motorcycle Show

Chit chat related to the club or scooters in general

Moderator: Moderators

jeffthemod

Post by jeffthemod »

I have NEVER pictured you as the "Glee Club" type!
I was a mod before you was a mod.
coyoteran
Location: X Marks the spot...X stands for danger...two lines crossing over one another means to me...stay away

Post by coyoteran »

jeffthemod wrote:I have NEVER pictured you as the "Glee Club" type!
Are you kidding? I can hold a high C like an italian castrato....that is where the similarities end mind you.

But back on topic. Char and I are going on Sunday. We both have to work today so can't make it this afternoon.

Trevor
Vy is it vee get too soon olt and too late schmart?
jbcollier

Post by jbcollier »

Not a bad show. My daughter and I happily sat on the Ducatis but our favorite was the BMW F800S. It's only $8500, too but I imagine that would climb up as you added options.

Picked up a bunch of tools from Martin Hogan and talked to the Aria rep about the new Corsair with 5 mm more peripheral vision on each side — strange to say but I think I did notice a difference. My Corsair's only a year old so I won't be switching anytime soon. Apparently the new Snell standard (2010) will requires this mod.

Emily got her own custom ear plugs though it was accompanied with many howls of complaint. At least she did her complaining up front and kept the peace while it was actually being done. She also complained about the sexist treatment of women (ie: cute rather than protective clothing) but then got pink earplugs!

Not much in the way of scooters...
LibertineAudrey

Post by LibertineAudrey »

I found the most entertainment in grabbing break levers and making laser noises on just about any bike I sat on. Shannon took pictures in a sort of bemused-but-humoured manner of me doing this.

I was also interested to see that it will now be a requirement to pass an in-traffic test to get your class 6 (starting January 19th). On lot tests will no longer be sufficient. Of course, I've already passed both on seperate occasions, GO ME!

I bought nothing, but did snag every free pen I could get my grotty little hands on. After paying 12 dollars to park and walk about a mile, I figured it was deserved.

Shannon and I managed to find Rick (or he found us), it was good to see him, and we walked through the show as a bit of a gang. Hope everyone who made it out, or makes it out before the show ends had/has a great time.
All hail Emperor Kang!