Honest Al's Engine Workshop

Chit chat related to the club or scooters in general

Moderator: Moderators

LibertineAudrey

Post by LibertineAudrey »

Is anywhere open at like 8am? I didn't really know there was an 8 am until I started this scooter thing. :D
All hail Emperor Kang!
jbcollier

Post by jbcollier »

A big thanks to everyone who came out. We had Igor, Angelo and Graham working on Audrey's scoot. They got the new front fender on, debugged the rear turn signals, reset the timing and rough set the idle.

Al and I worked on his engine and got it all back together less the parts still enroute. They had sent the wrong gear stack end play shim but Al bravely sacrificed his finger tips and ground it down to size. Graham asked (at the appropriate time, too!) what all the funny small gears were for. what can I say, smallframes don't have oil injection! That omission corrected, everything else went smoothly. One more Sunday should everything together and back in the scoot.

Audrey brought coffee and doughnuts and Al brought Italian sandwiches, Orangino and Chinotto. In between sessions I even won an auction for a brand new desmo race cam for my single. Life doesn't get much better!!
Angelo

Post by Angelo »

It was alot of fun and thanks to all the able hands that participated. As always John thanks for the shop space (and your giving boss) and the eye candy ( not you but all the toys scattered throughout the shop)

Thanks to Audrey and Al for keeping us well fed. Honestly I can't think of a better thing to be doing on a Lovely winter day.

Glad you won the auction John! and I'm also glad that you weren't in the shop when I made a big mistake and did the "big shoe dance" in front of witnesses!

Ciao
Angelo
�Long live vintage motorcycles that are too tough to die...�

- Dustin Kott-
jbcollier

Post by jbcollier »

Whadda you mean not me!!!!!!!!!!
Alvin

Post by Alvin »

In no particular order other than alphabetical I would like to thank the following club members, this in no way excludes people who participated with us in spirit but for reasons beyond their control were not physically present.

Angelo- you have my RESPECT so I'm hoping that precludes me from having to wear the Sicilian Neck Tie again.

Audrey- the drive alone qualifies you for a prize and also coffee and doughnuts and great repartee not to mention your MOD style.

Graham- thanks to the guy who gave me this scooter affliction and continues to keep me affected.

Igor- congrats to you and your wife and I must tell you that I can see into the future and I see your studio in the basement, but maybe that's just me.

John- thank you for your generosity of time and space, you make a lot of things happen
You can always come back, but you can't come back all the way. Bob
Alvin

Motorsport scooter order

Post by Alvin »

Oh ya I forgot to mention that if anyone needs anything from Motorsport I am putting in an order on Tuesday.
Cheers Al
You can always come back, but you can't come back all the way. Bob
Angelo

Re: Motorsport scooter order

Post by Angelo »

Alvin wrote:Oh ya I forgot to mention that if anyone needs anything from Motorsport I am putting in an order on Tuesday.
Cheers Al
I will PM before Tuesday. I may call them direct because I have some questions, but maybe we can just ship everything together. Thanks!
�Long live vintage motorcycles that are too tough to die...�

- Dustin Kott-