August 22nd - East meets west!

Chit chat related to the club or scooters in general

Moderator: Moderators

Angelo

August 22nd - East meets west!

Post by Angelo »

On Saturday August 22nd our club has been asked to participate in the East meets West Celebration. A celebration of Arts, Culture and entertainment. As of yet I don't have the details of what time the would like us to attend and for how long, but as I receive this information I will pass it on. I'm trying to get a feel for how many could attend so That I could pass it on the event coordinator. So far today It sounds like a hand full of members are interested but not everone was in attendance. I will bring it up again at the July 12th Monthly meeting.

I beleive there will be an area set aside for our scooters and a place for
us to set up and answer any questions that people may have. What does everyone think, if they give us a choice to be parked on the street or in the park, what would be better?

Thanks
Cheers
Angelo
�Long live vintage motorcycles that are too tough to die...�

- Dustin Kott-
bstanish

Post by bstanish »

Sounds interesting, I might be interested.
jeffthemod

Post by jeffthemod »

Sounds cool! Shall we make a banner?
I was a mod before you was a mod.
LibertineAudrey

Post by LibertineAudrey »

I think we should park in the park. I like the idea of parking places we're not usually allowed to park.
All hail Emperor Kang!
coyoteran
Location: X Marks the spot...X stands for danger...two lines crossing over one another means to me...stay away

Post by coyoteran »

LibertineAudrey wrote:I think we should park in the park. I like the idea of parking places we're not usually allowed to park.
Rebel....
Vy is it vee get too soon olt and too late schmart?
LibertineAudrey

Post by LibertineAudrey »

coyoteran wrote:
LibertineAudrey wrote:I think we should park in the park. I like the idea of parking places we're not usually allowed to park.
Rebel....
...without a clue :D
All hail Emperor Kang!
Sowelu

Post by Sowelu »

LibertineAudrey wrote:
coyoteran wrote:
Rebel....
...without a clue :D

ummmm :roll: ....glad you said it. :wink:

Shannon
"The real danger is not that machines will begin to think like men, but that men will begin to think like machines." Sydney J. Harris
Cgreeno

Were in for Aug. 22nd...

Post by Cgreeno »

I second Shannon's motion for the park setting. It will offer an excellent back drop to our bikes (I know cheese factor)... What a great way to premote the club and scooter lifestyle. James and I will be in for sure, proudly displaying the KISS bike and my new LX150. Yippe!
Angelo

Post by Angelo »

So I made contact with her again today and I guess she has just been crazy busy organizing this event. I did manage to get a little bit more
information.

The event runs from 10.00am to 10.00pm. There will be music, food and entertainment. The plan is to close down the road infront of Italian center shop but that is yet be confirmed. This would mean that there would be lots of room to decide where to hang out. There is no time commitment or a particular time that they would want us there, so we can decide that as a club.

I think a banner would be a good idea. How big? Jeff does your lovely wife have contacts for something like that ???

I think this could be a lot of fun for everyone!

Ciao
Angelo

- Dustin Kott-
GDOUBLEU

Post by GDOUBLEU »

i'm sure igor will be there barring any early baby arrival. i, on the other hand, plan to be somewhere sunny with my feet up and ice cream in hand. ;)
Angelo

Post by Angelo »

GDOUBLEU wrote:i'm sure igor will be there barring any early baby arrival. i, on the other hand, plan to be somewhere sunny with my feet up and ice cream in hand. ;)
Isn't that just outside the Italian center shop? :lol: I promise to keep the "other" angelo away from you!

- Dustin Kott-
Cgreeno

Post by Cgreeno »

Banner sounds like a great idea and maybe some flyers to advertise the club info. I have access to colour printing machines (not for banners but for flyers, etc...) if it is needed. Let me know if you need any assistance as I am willing.
Angelo

Post by Angelo »

Cgreeno wrote:Banner sounds like a great idea and maybe some flyers to advertise the club info. I have access to colour printing machines (not for banners but for flyers, etc...) if it is needed. Let me know if you need any assistance as I am willing.
Christine thanks so much for the offer, lets talk about it tomorrow.

Cheers
Angelo

- Dustin Kott-
Angelo

Post by Angelo »

Hey Jeff, the group that showed up at yesterdays meeting decided that a club banner would be cool, can you get a 3" vinyl banner priced out if your lovely wife has sources and we can make a final decision?? let me know, if not I can source some places out, thank you!

Angelo

- Dustin Kott-
jeffthemod

Post by jeffthemod »

Hiya, is this the kind of thing we want?

http://scooterpatches.co.uk/banners.aspx

I will get some pricing asap for you.

Cheers,

Jeff

(oh, and sorry I didn't make it out to the meeting, I am now in a cast)

:(
I was a mod before you was a mod.