Ride Report

Chit chat related to the club or scooters in general

Moderator: Moderators

jbcollier

Post by jbcollier »

The carb doesn't have an accelerator pump AFAIK so you are OK there. High test or low test shouldn't make any difference either.

Run it for a while and let me know how it goes. It shouldn't stumble or stall.
Angelo

Post by Angelo »

Also remember that Trevor is not running a stock pipe and that might affect all of this..??
�Long live vintage motorcycles that are too tough to die...�

- Dustin Kott-
coyoteran
Location: X Marks the spot...X stands for danger...two lines crossing over one another means to me...stay away

Post by coyoteran »

This one does have an accelerator pump. Lever tied to the throttle cable that activates a piston/plunger on the carb body.

Regarding the pipe, wouldn't that in fact help in the first place. No back pressure = more air flow = leaner. The pipe is a hollow round tube so its basically the equivalent of running no pipe at all, just quieter...well a little quieter anyway. :)

I am going to take it out for a burn this morning and see whats what.

Thanks for all the help so far.
Vy is it vee get too soon olt and too late schmart?
Angelo

Post by Angelo »

coyoteran wrote:This one does have an accelerator pump. Lever tied to the throttle cable that activates a piston/plunger on the carb body.

Regarding the pipe, wouldn't that in fact help in the first place. No back pressure = more air flow = leaner. The pipe is a hollow round tube so its basically the equivalent of running no pipe at all, just quieter...well a little quieter anyway. :)

I am going to take it out for a burn this morning and see whats what.

Thanks for all the help so far.
I just talked to the manfacturer of your pipe. It was not made for Colorado, in fact in could damage your engine beyond repair, but I will help you out and take it off your hands :lol: you did keep the stock exhaust didn't you?
�Long live vintage motorcycles that are too tough to die...�

- Dustin Kott-
jbcollier

Post by jbcollier »

I know Trevor is not running a stock pipe. Trevor is right in that it will flow more air and tend to make the engine run leaner. How much is hard to say as the diaphragm carbs will compensate somewhat.

If you are having stalling problems after reving and bogging off the line, you may require a larger idle jet. Sounds weird but you can have too small an idle jet to suit the pipe even though it is possible to set the idle mixture too rich.

However, let's ride it for a while and hear how it runs.

Cheers
coyoteran
Location: X Marks the spot...X stands for danger...two lines crossing over one another means to me...stay away

Post by coyoteran »

Major popping and back firing on decceleration at 1 full turn in. Tried another quarter turn in and that made the back firing worse. Turned it out a half turn to end up at 3/4 in and it seemed to reduce the deccel popping. Will try again tomorrow when the weather is warmer.
jbcollier

Post by jbcollier »

Any hesitation or stumbling?
coyoteran

Post by coyoteran »

Nothing out of the ordinary.