Opinions

Chit chat related to the club or scooters in general

Moderator: Moderators

coyoteran
Location: X Marks the spot...X stands for danger...two lines crossing over one another means to me...stay away

Opinions

Post by coyoteran »

Ok, so here is the scoop. The ET is really not liking the lack of O2 in the mountains and I am hankering for a different bike anyway. I still ride the yeti to work, and the ET to the grocery store but I am looking at getting something with a little more pedigree. No, not a lambretta. (See previous post for explanation)

So on first blush, what do you guys think about these bikes...
Not quite mint px
Very clean PX
Something very different

I know I have been kicking tires for a while now but I think its time to spend some $ on something long term before I piss away all my posting money. So, thoughts? Bad idea? Too expensive? Anything.

Trevor
Vy is it vee get too soon olt and too late schmart?
Angelo

Post by Angelo »

I have heard nothing but good things about the PX. I think that would be a wise choice or even a P200E.....
�Long live vintage motorcycles that are too tough to die...�

- Dustin Kott-
LibertineAudrey

Post by LibertineAudrey »

The white P-series has a lot less stuff you're going to end up taking off. So...naturally I'm going to put my vote in for the green P-series. Look at the chrome! Look at the White walls! You know you wanna!
All hail Emperor Kang!
jbcollier

Post by jbcollier »

Buy the nicest PX you can. It ALWAYS costs more to make a "needs a little work" scoot into a good one. Good, solid scoots though I would regularly grease your nipples and change clutch and gear cables every two years period.

That said, the high altitude and that exhaust of your is making it run very lean. Talk to scooterswest and see what they would recommend. I'll bet they can get it running well again.
coyoteran
Location: X Marks the spot...X stands for danger...two lines crossing over one another means to me...stay away

Post by coyoteran »

Yeah, I gotta tell ya, that white P is sorta calling my name. Seems a bit spendy but if its in the kind of shape the seller is saying it might be worth it.

The green P isn't too shabby either and like Modrey says, check out the chrome and the whitewalls. I was eyeballing that sprint until I saw the engine o/p. HP is too low for my fat ass.

There is a cool Stella for sale in Denver but if I buy it, it is a US only bike. Ride it and leave it when we move back home. Not an ideal scenerio.

I think I am taking a drive up to black forest on friday......hope I still have a wife.....:)

Keep em shiny.
Trevor
Angelo

Post by Angelo »

coyoteran wrote:Yeah, I gotta tell ya, that white P is sorta calling my name. Seems a bit spendy but if its in the kind of shape the seller is saying it might be worth it.

The green P isn't too shabby either and like Modrey says, check out the chrome and the whitewalls. I was eyeballing that sprint until I saw the engine o/p. HP is too low for my fat ass.

There is a cool Stella for sale in Denver but if I buy it, it is a US only bike. Ride it and leave it when we move back home. Not an ideal scenerio.

I think I am taking a drive up to black forest on friday......hope I still have a wife.....:)

Keep em shiny.
Trevor
To quote a very wise and knowledgeable Vespa expert that I know very well
" they are only original once!" ...the white one would be my choice. Remember it is easier to ask for forgiveness than it is permission. I recently have learned that lesson :lol:

- Dustin Kott-
noel

Post by noel »

buy the grey px. its new with history!!
As far back as I can remember I've wanted to be Angelo
coyoteran

Post by coyoteran »

noel wrote:buy the grey px. its new with history!!
Only a few issues with that Noel.
1. Deliveries a bitch. Last I checked, Calgary is about 1900km from Colorado Springs.
2. Importing is also a bitch. Ask me how I know. I dare ya. Just ask me.
3. As you said in your marketplace post, "Most of you know this bike" Yup. Its been low grade apocalypsed. :) I like shiny and new so I can bust it up myself. heheheh Oh and I am looking at the 200. The bike needs to be able to carry weight...mine.

Anyways, I think Charlene is psychic. I said I was going to wire some cash down here to make up for her lack of income at this time. She said, "Will it be enough to cover your new bike?" Seriously creepy. :shock:

Keep em shiny folks.
Trevor
Angelo

Post by Angelo »

coyoteran wrote:
noel wrote: Anyways, I think Charlene is psychic. I said I was going to wire some cash down here to make up for her lack of income at this time. She said, "Will it be enough to cover your new bike?" Seriously creepy. :shock:

Keep em shiny folks.
Trevor
This is the new benchmark for the term "BUSTED!"

- Dustin Kott-