Post by jbcollier »

Fibreglass work, hmm, there's a little problem:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UmzsWxPLIOo
jbcollier

Post by jbcollier »

But I gonna give it a go and learn!
jbcollier

Post by jbcollier »

I have been tinkering on the Europa while hanging about during the driveway refurbishment. I have the rear suspension largely in place though there's still a bracket to fab up as a substitute for the absent transmission (so it can be rolled about and off to the body shop while I overhaul the aforementioned and the engine).

The bottom of the front of the chassis is all riveted in (ouch! 3/16 steel rivets are tough on the hand muscles). Just a few more rivets on the top and the fibreglass work then looms. I'll have to do a bit of studying to get myself up to speed. Shouldn't be too arduous as the work will be not be cosmetic or structural.

Dropped the bumpers off for re-chroming: $300 each!

Repeat after me: "Scooters are cheap to restore!"

Slowly, slowly, progress is made.
jbcollier

Post by jbcollier »

Still tinkering around the edges while I wait for the fibreglass books I ordered to arrive. James helped me by twirling bolts while I held the nuts from turning: pedal assembly is in place and the clutch and brake masters are bolted up.

I measured things up and will fab a bracket to hold the rear lower control arms while the tranny's out and the car is off to the painters.
jbcollier

Post by jbcollier »

The re-pop hub caps weren't quite right so I dropped off the original hubcaps for re-chroming... another $320 out the door.
jbcollier

Post by jbcollier »

Most of the weekend I'll be messing about with the Europa during the day. Pop by for a visit if you're inclined. Ping me first just in case I slip out for parts (seven eight zero - six six eight - one two seven zero)
jbcollier

Post by jbcollier »

Preferred if you come by scoot as there is no car parking due to Heritage Days. I have a temporary ramp up to our new driveway but it's small so there's not much space with the Volvo in place.
jbcollier

Post by jbcollier »

Except Sunday when I'll be riding.

Very nice to see John, Kevin and Yarko today.

Wow Kevin! Very Schweet !!
jbcollier

Post by jbcollier »

Avoidance has been the theme this weekend. I am stuck on the doors and AC, and it's driving me crazy!
jbcollier

Post by jbcollier »

Nothing to up date. Busy, busy, busy and I am on holidays, sigh. I had tomorrow set aside for the Lotus and now I have four meetings/jobs/appointments. Aargh!