An interesting little mishap.

Offtopic discusion goes here

Moderator: Moderators

DoesDerbiCount?

An interesting little mishap.

Post by DoesDerbiCount? »

Hi all,

A little problem story that took all day yesterday to repair! When I came back from Jasper (luckily not in Jasper) on Thursday with the bike, I started having a couple of electrical problems. For example when I turned the key, nothing happened. No lights, no dash, natta. So assuming it was a loose connection that I shook up when I was on some bumpy roads at snaring river campground, I tore apart most of the bike and started checking. After about two hours of not finding the problem, I consult the trusty SV forum. It turns out that the one place I didn't look (because it was a pain in the ass more then anything else) was where my problem was, under the air box... Apparently if said connection from the ignition on a 2003 sv1000 gets even the slightest bit loose, it has a tendency to arc and melt. So I removed the air box and found the culprit. So after an entire day she's finally fixed up. I consider myself lucky though, since a couple of riders on the forum have said that their electrical failure occurred while riding causing high sides and one written off bike. Yet suzuki still won't issue a recall.
But anyway, that's the story of my little adventure on my patio. I have a couple of pictures, but it turns out I'm slightly better at fixing the bike, than uploading them... :P

P.S. It's too bad I was gone a day to early to catch you and your daughter in Jasper last week. Hope the trip went well!
coyoteran
Location: X Marks the spot...X stands for danger...two lines crossing over one another means to me...stay away

Post by coyoteran »

Well at least you are back on the road. Hey does anybody remember a club member who mentioned something about suzukis and their electronics....oh wait, that was me....hehehehe

Trevor
Vy is it vee get too soon olt and too late schmart?