Angelo... Black Rain motorcycle?

Offtopic discusion goes here

Moderator: Moderators

LibertineAudrey

Angelo... Black Rain motorcycle?

Post by LibertineAudrey »

Is the motorcycle you're interested in knowing about from Black Rain a Harley Davidson Cafe Racer? XLCR 1000 Cafe Racer? Let me know if that's the one, so I can stop looking. :D
All hail Emperor Kang!
Angelo

Post by Angelo »

I'm pretty sure that is it. The front fairing is different but the over all shape looks almost spot on. I just need John to watch the first 5 minutes of the movie and listen to the sound of the valves and exhaust :shock: and I'm sure he will figuire it out...

Thanks Modrey!

Good to see you today!
�Long live vintage motorcycles that are too tough to die...�

- Dustin Kott-
jbcollier

Post by jbcollier »

Found this on the web:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=17_A66rQpr4

No sounds though. XLCR's had black engine cases and the one in the movie has polished cases. XLCR's had an exhaust on both sides but this one has an exhaust only on the right. Definitely a different fairing. Other than that, I am not sure.

----

However, others are:

http://www.bikez.com/msgboard/msg.php?s ... e&id=15076

It was an Evo Sportster with Storz fairing kit.
jbcollier

Post by jbcollier »

Speaking of cafe racers, I got my desmo head partially together with the bevel gears set up, closers on and shimmed and now I just have to mount and shim the openers. So far, so good, knock on wood!
Angelo

Post by Angelo »

jbcollier wrote:Speaking of cafe racers, I got my desmo head partially together with the bevel gears set up, closers on and shimmed and now I just have to mount and shim the openers. So far, so good, knock on wood!
good news John that's awesome news, can't wait to see it put back together!

Thanks for the research on the cafe racer. Wud be a fun bike to build....I know, I know buy a complete bike Angelo! :lol:
�Long live vintage motorcycles that are too tough to die...�

- Dustin Kott-