Calgary Rally

Local and distant events

Moderator: Moderators

LibertineAudrey

Post by LibertineAudrey »

You DID send me a link, but my computer has been having performance issues lately, so I don't think I actually managed to get it open. I am keeping the majority of the crash bars on, just not the leg sheild ones as I don't find them particularly attractive AND I don't think they will save much that the rubber lining stuff wouldn't.

Anyways, my GTS is stripped down, and despite popular opinion, it isn't that much faster without my 25 lbs of chrome. Agreed though, the mirrors and all are a bit of a pain. My next (and mod) scooter, they will all be on the front rack, so I can take them on and off in one shot.

about the capitals... yeah, totally Pamela Anderson. LIKEOMGWTH??!?!

Cheers
All hail Emperor Kang!
Sowelu

Post by Sowelu »

So Modrey,

What was the verdict at Top Gear on your scoot? Are we still riding to Cowtown for the rally?

Shannon
"The real danger is not that machines will begin to think like men, but that men will begin to think like machines." Sydney J. Harris
LibertineAudrey

My scoot is ready to go. I did blow the gasket thingy on my exhaust, but luckily they had a spare one from when the recall work was being done on all the GTS scoots. Got the 15 000km servicing done, and it's running and sounding beautiful again. Should be, fingers crossed, no issue to ride to Calgary and back. Boss also gave me the day off with no issue, so!!!!!!!!! ready to go...

Cheers
All hail Emperor Kang!
Sowelu

Post by Sowelu »

Wheeeee!!!! I'm so excited, I could almost pee .... or not. :oops:

That's great news about the scoot. Lets hope my scoot gets the same great bill of health after its service at Top Gear on Tuesday.

Shannon
"The real danger is not that machines will begin to think like men, but that men will begin to think like machines." Sydney J. Harris
nocattle

Post by nocattle »

Modrey, just ride it hard between now and then, just in case they forgot to screw something on. This way you can still get it corrected before you're stuck on the highway near Ponoka. What goes on in Ponoka doesn't get out.
giddyup
LibertineAudrey

Well, I pretty much ride it full throttle almost all the time so hopefully if something is going to blow, it will do it soon, or wait until after the rally. I think it should be good though.
All hail Emperor Kang!
teenytinytorrie

Post by teenytinytorrie »

he he,,,full throttle...don't know why but that sounds funny to me

Mod...where are you staying for Calgary??
nocattle

Post by nocattle »

With Calgary's Sunday ride to Black Diamond, we have invited the Cafe Racers from http://www.cvmg-rms.ca/ to join us for a Mods Vs Rockers themed ride.

Not really Elvis themed, Elvis only rode one motorcycle in one movie... Roustabout, and it was a Honda, but it's in keeping with things we had been trying to incorporate.
Joan Freeman as Elvis' bitch.

But Elvis did sing about a Lambretta... Do the Vega!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GCMHsiA9 ... re=related

I myself have have taken my mirrors off my et2, but I hope they'll be ready or this ride. No biggie if you don't have your mirrors on. I might not put mine on as it is indeed a pain in the ass. Kinda dangerous too if they fly off.
giddyup
Sowelu

Post by Sowelu »

Dale and Modrey ....

Sadness has happened ..... I'm not going to be able to make it to the Calgary Rally. Something has come up and I'm no longer going to be able to go. :cry:

Sorry for the short notice, but I just found out today.

Shannon
LibertineAudrey

Aw, that sucks Shannon. I hope everything is ok :\
All hail Emperor Kang!
Sowelu

Post by Sowelu »

Yep, everything is alright, just that I'm sad I can't go.

Shannon
Whizzer

Post by Whizzer »

Yes that sucks. Hope things work out, that kind of thing happened to me for the Kelowna rally. Modery are you still riding down on Friday?
Cheers
Dale
Haynes manual + tools=danger
LibertineAudrey

I think so, but I'm not sure yet. I'll be making it to the rally save for any acts of dog, etc, though.
All hail Emperor Kang!
Whizzer

Post by Whizzer »

Sounds good. If you want some company for the ride south from Red Deer I get off work at noon. I'll have the scoot packed and ready to go. My phone number is farther up the posts so give me a call when you get to town and I'll meet you.
Cheers
Dale
Haynes manual + tools=danger
teenytinytorrie

Post by teenytinytorrie »

Come on Princess suck it up and go to Calgary...You are finally able to get to a stress free Rally...and you Bail?? I hang my head in shame