Has anyone seen this one?

A place to peddle and look for stuff

Moderator: Moderators

Andrew

Has anyone seen this one?

Post by Andrew »

Too small for me, but could suit someone shorter/lighter: http://www.kijiji.ca/v-scooters-pocket- ... nFlag=true
jbcollier

Post by jbcollier »

We went and had a look at it. It's pretty good body-wise but it was stored with the tank partially full. So it will need a complete de-gunk of the tank and carb, new fuel line, etc. It will also need new tires, tubes and battery. I hooked up a battery and the DC electrics all worked.

The main problem is that some dim bulb in the distant past wrote the serial number wrong on the registration. You pretty much will have to do an OPI to get it sorted.

So, add possibly $500 onto the purchase price to get a legal, running scoot.

Now for the bad news. The chap has been on the internet and confused a not-particularly-desirable 100 Sport for an SX 200. He figures a wee bit of spit and polish will have you a $6K scoot whereas $2500 + $500 and a fair amount of work will actually get you a $2K to $2.5K scoot.

Bright lights, big city gone to my baby's head...

John
Andrew

Post by Andrew »

What is it about city air?
redbike

Post by redbike »

its true; you can't fix stupid. I was disappointed at the time, but you can't do business with someone that out of whack. The grill on the right side motor cover is damaged along with the rh turning indicator. There is damage to the front fender and the headlight glass is missing and the bezel is bent.
jbcollier

Post by jbcollier »

Forgot about that. You would need a new headlight and bezel as well.

It all starts to add up rather quickly.