Cafe? Motorcycles?

Offtopic discusion goes here

Moderator: Moderators

Kevin

Post by Kevin »

Would an early 70's CB450 do for a doner? I'm pretty sure mine is still sitting in the garage back in Saskatoon. I don't think my pops has sold it off yet.

It runs, stops and all the other usual things. Dad was riding it up till he got his Goldwing.

Its not the greatest on the highway, but if put on a diet it might be OK.
jbcollier

Post by jbcollier »

450s are very good bikes!
coyoteran
Location: X Marks the spot...X stands for danger...two lines crossing over one another means to me...stay away

Post by coyoteran »

jbcollier wrote:450s are very good bikes!
+1

And the stock gold with the black stripe still calls my name. I damn near bought a 1971, 450 way back in the dark days of 1981. Still regret not doing it.

T

edit
I found a cool bunch of pics at this build site.
http://www.dotheton.com/forum/index.php ... c=19329.10

Vy is it vee get too soon olt and too late schmart?
nick

Post by nick »

I've been lurking on that forum for a while drooling at all the nice projects! For some reason the site has seemed to be down since last night though.. :\

A CB450 would work very well as a doner. Kevin, I'll PM you.
jbcollier

Post by jbcollier »

They are impossibly cool because they have torsion bars instead of valve springs.
coyoteran
Location: X Marks the spot...X stands for danger...two lines crossing over one another means to me...stay away

Post by coyoteran »

Damn you. Damn you to hell Nick. :)

Now you got me thinking about one of my old bikes. A bike that was sorta cafe out the factory door. I beat this bike mercilessly around Edmonton for 5 years. Fun. Not real fast but moved well in the curves. I am just thinking about how much fun it would have been if it had gone on a diet.

Mine was blue and white with the ES designation but I can't find any pics of those and mine was the only one I have ever seen.

T
Vy is it vee get too soon olt and too late schmart?