Honda Stuffs

Offtopic discusion goes here

Moderator: Moderators

nick

Honda Stuffs

Post by nick »

Hey All!
So I'm working on the CB450. The riser bushings for the handlebars were worn out, so I figured why replace those when I want to change to clipons anyways. SO I have new bars. Problem. Headlight was attached to the forks with these ear thingies that had to be removed.(I've got new headlight brackets) The OEM fork accordian boots attached to these headlight ears at the top. Now they aren't going to be sealed to anything. Is it a bad idea to run without covers? The forks will have to be removed from the trees if I have to put dust boot/covers on or something..

BTW these are the clipons that I bought.
nick

Post by nick »

Figured it out.. Going to get some dustcaps. Using a temporary solution till I can install those.

Looks like this right now.
jbcollier

Post by jbcollier »

Looks fine. Sorry for missing the original post.

Forks don't need boots but they will last longer if they're there.
nick

Post by nick »

That's what I figured. It's sitting at time machine getting its opi today. Got an in-transit permit and rode it over yesterday. It defiantly can drive highway speeds with ease. Tracks nice and stable. Has a nice sound.
coyoteran
Location: X Marks the spot...X stands for danger...two lines crossing over one another means to me...stay away

Post by coyoteran »

Not like you need a reason to spend any more money but this months edition of Cycle world is devoted to cafes.

T
Vy is it vee get too soon olt and too late schmart?
jbcollier

Post by jbcollier »

That's the issue that got left out in the rain! I am waiting for it to dry...
jbcollier

Post by jbcollier »

PS: Bring it out on Sunday if you're coming.
nick

Post by nick »

I'm gonna come out for a bit. I have to wait till noon to go to the only registry office open on sunday to get a plate. Got pulled over on my way home today with it. Luckily I had gotten an in-transit permit.
jbcollier

Post by jbcollier »

Great to see it! I have always had a soft spot for the torsion bar Hondas.
nick

Post by nick »

Rebuilt the carbs over the past few weeks. Got pod filters as the OEM filters are no longer available. Points were wonky, could never get the both sides in sync for timing. Replaced the points with an electronic ignition. Now timing is spot on! Rebuilt the petcock. ran new fuel lines. Went for a ride this afternoon. Man its cold out!!
jbcollier

Post by jbcollier »

Cool!

(in both senses of the word)

Check the forums but I think you will have to increase the size of your main jets with the pod filters.
nick

Post by nick »

Thanks! I would have come out today, but Audrey is sick and I didn't finish getting it all up and running till around 3:30. The Keihen carbs on the cb450 are apparently forgiving with pod filters. I checked my plugs and they seemed pretty good. Went for a bit of a ride, need to check them again. I've got jets a size up and down from stock just incase. Hopefully there's a few more warmish days to go for rides.
Angelo

Post by Angelo »

very NICE!
�Long live vintage motorcycles that are too tough to die...�

- Dustin Kott-