1982 Honda C70 - Any interest?

A place to peddle and look for stuff

Moderator: Moderators

Tenormech

1982 Honda C70 - Any interest?

Post by Tenormech »

I purchased this bike from a friend a few years ago, and after not riding it at all in the past year I am feeling guilty owning it when someone else could be enjoying it. A member of your club told me about this forum some time ago and I thought I'd see if there's any interest in this bike. I'm thinking of asking around $800. I stored it in a friend's garage before winter last year, and I'm thinking of going down there and getting some photos. There is a little damage to the leg shield from when our inconsiderate groundskeepers covered it in snow after an early October snowfall. The same incident claimed a taillight, but I have purchased replacement taillights to fix the problem.

Anyway, if anyone would be interested in seeing pictures or getting more information I would be happy to provide. Thanks, and happy riding!
Andrew

Post by Andrew »

I might be interested. I'd like to see some photos!
Tenormech

Post by Tenormech »

Hi Andrew, thanks for your reply. I will try to get to my friend's garage and take some photos, hopefully this week. I start uni this week for the first time in many years, but I should be able to find some time.
redbike

Post by redbike »

Is it red or blue?
Tenormech

Post by Tenormech »

It is neither red nor blue, sorry. It has a silver body and white leg shield.

I haven't taken any pictures yet. This week got completely away from me. I hope this weekend to get it sorted.

Thanks!
Tenormech

Finally, pictures!

Post by Tenormech »

OK, wow! I didn't think it was going to take a month to coordinate with the friend who is storing my bike. I'm sorry if anyone has been waiting long for the following info. Without further ado, here's what I've got:

Honda C70 Passport - 1982 or 83

I haven't ridden the bike in over a year, so I'm hoping to find it a better home. When I used to store it at my condo the friendly groundskeepers covered it in snow, which lead to a broken taillight and a piece of the leg shield cracking off when I dug it out. I've already purchased replacement taillights, though I haven't installed them yet.

Because I haven't been riding, the battery probably needs charging and perhaps there are some maintenance things that ought to be done. I imagine you would be better judges of that than I would, as I'm a very new rider. Taking all of this into account, I'm willing to sell for $800. The original front basket and battery charger are not pictured, but they will be included in the sale.

The apparatus on the rear rack is where the previous owner mounted a roller for motorpacing cyclists. It is just bolted on and can be removed easily.

Anyway, on to the photos! It was raining this morning when I took these. Normally the bike is in the garage.

Thanks for looking everyone!
Attachments
image.jpg
image-2.jpg
image-5.jpg
Last edited by Tenormech on Wed Oct 02, 2013 1:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tenormech

More Photos

Post by Tenormech »

Continuation of the photos...
Attachments
image-6.jpg
image-8.jpg
image-7.jpg
Tenormech

And a few more...

Post by Tenormech »

More photos!
Attachments
image-3.jpg
image-1.jpg
Andrew

Post by Andrew »

Thanks for posting the pics. It looks to be in decent condition, and should fetch a lot more than $800 on kijiji if you replace the battery and have it running come spring. I'm going to pass for now because it needs too much $ put into cosmetics (new legshield, rust bubbles on steering head fixed) for me to want it in my "collection" (such as it is). It would make a great winter project for a student wanting cheap and efficient transport in summer.
Tenormech

Post by Tenormech »

Thanks for looking, and for the advice! I wanted to post here to see if I could make a quick sale to a knowledgeable rider, but I'll keep your advice in mind if I post an ad for the general public.