Europa workshop on Sunday

Offtopic discusion goes here

Moderator: Moderators

jbcollier

Europa workshop on Sunday

Post by jbcollier »

Sunday Nov 10 starting at 9 a.m., I'll be working on the Europa. Bored, lonely, or, better yet, handy with fibreglass, come along and join the fun. I'm at 8620 Saskatchewan Drive, knock on the left garage door. If you haven't been there before, better google map the address as it can be a bit tricky the first time. Light refreshments and karaoke will be available.
redbike

Post by redbike »

karyfuckinoke? I'm there
jbcollier

Post by jbcollier »

... and don't worry about the chinotto Audrey, I have lots.
david

Post by david »

....handy with fibreglass....not so much. Will be happy to hand things to you though!
Ska'D for Life
jbcollier

Post by jbcollier »

They say, "the more the merrier!" but what I like about this club is that everyone is merry and great company. One, two ten? It's all great. I'm a lucky old fart.
Angelo

Post by Angelo »

I'm jumping right in, hopefully you have something to separate me from the Lotus if things should go terribly wrong!
�Long live vintage motorcycles that are too tough to die...�

- Dustin Kott-
jbcollier

Post by jbcollier »

As long as the resin is still wet, it will wash off with acetone. Once it's hardened, you're toast.

I have a pile of disposable coveralls, gloves and masks at hand.

When you all come, please go around the side to the back of the garage and knock on the double doors. That way we'll let much less cold air in.
jbcollier

Post by jbcollier »

Thanks everyone!

That was great. The Europa is now down and supported on its rear wheels. We put the engine and tranny in to see what needed to be trimmed with the replacement 5 speed transmission in place – quite a bit actually. Poor David arrived first and had to deal with a room full of fibreglass dust. Thankfully I have double doors at both the front and the back so it was easy to blow it all outside.

I'm still shaky on the whole fibreglassing vertical surfaces thing so I've more reading to do before next Sunday when we have another Europa workshop and hopefully end up with the front wheels in place and on the ground as well. I promise you David that I will have the grinding all done and the place blown out before you arrive.

Cheers!
redbike

Post by redbike »

The group rendition of 'Put Your Hand On My Shoulder' was killer. Karaoke Rules!
jbcollier

Post by jbcollier »

That was the highlight for me as well.
david

Post by david »

...and The Scooter Shop Quartet was born!
Now we need a name...
Ska'D for Life
david

Post by david »

I was fine John, you were the poor soul that was in the thick of it.
Glad to help out, and ready for the next step. We can work on our harmonies while we are at it.
Ska'D for Life