Crude City Scooter Club Forum Index Crude City Scooter Club
the Edmonton Chapter of the Vespa Club of Canada

Watched TopicsWatched Topics   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Lotus Update Feb

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Crude City Scooter Club Forum Index -> Offtopic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jbcollier

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2015 9:34 am    Post subject: Lotus Update Feb Reply with quote

Well, still no visit from the body man though I have had a couple of phone calls and am still hopeful. Lots of work done, just not what I said I would do.

- refinished the dash so now I can fit the instruments which will allow me to fill the engine with oil and coolant preparatory to starting the engine. Originally painted black with a glued-on dash "pad". I refinished the whole dash in wrinkle paint. Looks very nice. Lost a lot of hair though as I had to paint the top part of the dash three times to get it right.

- modified the engine compartment to clear the air box. The whole engine compartment is really coming along.

- ordered and received all sorts of stainless steel mandrel bends so I can fabricate the exhaust. To give a bit more secondary pipe length, I am going to run the exhaust pipe across the rear and then have the main muffler bring it back across again. Then a quick 90 and out the back through a stubby Supertrapp adjustable muffler. That will enable me to adjust the noise to, hopefully, acceptable levels.

- ordered, and received, 5 to 10 meter lengths of a bazillion different wire colours so I can make up the wiring harness.

So, the to-do list still has the shift cables and ac ducting and also now has welding up the exhaust, making up the harness, etc.

Cheers
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Crude City Scooter Club Forum Index -> Offtopic All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: