Lotus Update Feb

Offtopic discusion goes here

Moderator: Moderators

jbcollier

Lotus Update Feb

Post by jbcollier »

Well, still no visit from the body man though I have had a couple of phone calls and am still hopeful. Lots of work done, just not what I said I would do.

- refinished the dash so now I can fit the instruments which will allow me to fill the engine with oil and coolant preparatory to starting the engine. Originally painted black with a glued-on dash "pad". I refinished the whole dash in wrinkle paint. Looks very nice. Lost a lot of hair though as I had to paint the top part of the dash three times to get it right.

- modified the engine compartment to clear the air box. The whole engine compartment is really coming along.

- ordered and received all sorts of stainless steel mandrel bends so I can fabricate the exhaust. To give a bit more secondary pipe length, I am going to run the exhaust pipe across the rear and then have the main muffler bring it back across again. Then a quick 90 and out the back through a stubby Supertrapp adjustable muffler. That will enable me to adjust the noise to, hopefully, acceptable levels.

- ordered, and received, 5 to 10 meter lengths of a bazillion different wire colours so I can make up the wiring harness.

So, the to-do list still has the shift cables and ac ducting and also now has welding up the exhaust, making up the harness, etc.

Cheers