Those other bikes. The ones with peddles and no throttle.

Offtopic discusion goes here

Moderator: Moderators

Macgyyver

Post by Macgyyver »

crazy double post - sorry
Last edited by Macgyyver on Tue Sep 29, 2015 11:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
=~=~=
2001 Vino YJ50 2-stroke (Just rolled 26,000kms - yes that's right - 26!)
2007 Yamaha V-Star 1100 Custom "Blaze"
2006 new to me Vespa LX150 8,000kms with character
2006 hand-me-down Vespa LX150 33,000kms
Macgyyver

Post by Macgyyver »

There are these too… http://www.banggood.com/Bicycle-Waterpr ... 10797.html

I also have a side flag. I don't know how nasty drivers are in your neck of the woods, but either they come too close, or give a huge space. There's no happy medium.

Oh, and a bar-end mirror or 2. I hate being surprised by cars coming up beside me. Probably a by-product of riding with a motor. :)

Saddlebags… might solve the luggage issue. Somewhere to put a wind/rain suit.

Oh. And a kick ass expensive lock. Doesn't matter how cheap the beater, its more expensive to replace any beater than it is to buy a good lock.
=~=~=
2001 Vino YJ50 2-stroke (Just rolled 26,000kms - yes that's right - 26!)
2007 Yamaha V-Star 1100 Custom "Blaze"
2006 new to me Vespa LX150 8,000kms with character
2006 hand-me-down Vespa LX150 33,000kms
coyoteran
Location: X Marks the spot...X stands for danger...two lines crossing over one another means to me...stay away

Post by coyoteran »

I thought about the side flag but the shoulders are pretty big for my highway portion and most of the rest of the commute is on very quiet city roads or two lane. Never been close to being rubbed.

Got the Thule Pack and Pedal tonight. A little fidgity to mount and I will be rerouting my brake and shifter cables at the earliest opportunity but other than that its a neat piece of kit. Holds my old smart phone so I have a ton of functionality at my fingertips rather than strapped to my arm.

Now I can watch YouTube Videos on my ride to work. :wink: :wink:

T
Vy is it vee get too soon olt and too late schmart?
jbcollier

Post by jbcollier »

Just remember that any tickets go on your license even though you're not driving a motor vehicle So, you can get a ticket for distracted driving (youtube videos) while cycling and your driver's license will get the points.

Strange but true.
coyoteran
Location: X Marks the spot...X stands for danger...two lines crossing over one another means to me...stay away

Post by coyoteran »

I am way ahead of you on this one John. I don't have a drivers license. :shock:
Vy is it vee get too soon olt and too late schmart?
jbcollier

Post by jbcollier »

Oooo, please take a photo of the look on the cop's face when you tell him that!
Kevin

Post by Kevin »

Going back a few years, when i was working on a small pipeline that went from Fort St John to Chicago I got myself into a pinch. Part of the job was no one was to work alone. You know just in case your walking down a cut line and some bear or moose decides to dislike you. The crews i was deploying were paired up so there were no problems. I worked back in the shop (which usually was the back of some welding shop) processing RTK GPS data from the pipe weld logs and makeing trips to the line to check on pipe cuts, so i would hire folks from the bar each night. (cause they were cheap and all they needed to do is stay somewhat awake during the day) when i need to make trips out to the line to check stuff.

One day when near the Teepee creek area i was in a rush to get too and from i managed to get myself a speeding ticket out on the highway. I know, i'm paid by the hour, what the hell. There is no reason for a speeding ticket. When the nice RC pulled me over and asked for my license and registration he took notice of the fellow in my passenger seat. The RC chatted for a bit and gave me my ticket. He knew as well as I that my helper was still kinda inebriated. The RC asked the dudes name, and without a skip in his step or speech for that matter he said "Joe Blow".

I guess the point i'm trying to make is if your doing something like riding a bike that doesn't require ID and doing something dumb like watching you-tube. Your name should be Joe Blow.