Long Overdue Lotus Update

Offtopic discusion goes here

Moderator: Moderators

jbcollier

Long Overdue Lotus Update

Post by jbcollier »

The good news first: I put three klicks on the Europa today going up and down the road in front of our house. A little adjustment to the clutch and a tweaking of the steering column to stop the horn honking when the wheel was turned was all that was required.

The bad news: this is the first I've worked on it in weeks and weeks. Worse, I'm not likely to work on it again for a while as well. Too much house, yard and scooter work on the books, sigh.

Next on the list is to cover the dash and it's ready for the upholstery shop. Unfortunately the upholstery shop is not ready for it, sigh again.

The idle jet wasn't plugged, they were just all way under sized. 7.5 turns out for all the idle screws is more than too much! 4.5s were the largest had so I have 4.8s, 5.2s, 5.5s and 5.6s are on order.

Cheers
Last edited by jbcollier on Wed May 11, 2016 6:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
jbcollier

Post by jbcollier »

... I forgot to mention the other good news. I ran it through an OPI before leaving work. It all legal, insured and registered.
Andrew

Post by Andrew »

Great news about the progress, not so much about the other obligations... I look forward to seeing it in use by this fall!
jbcollier

Post by jbcollier »

Proof that an old dog isn't completely untraceable, I did some research and found the later Dellortos used idle mix screws with a finer thread so 5 to 6 turns out is what you shoot for. So I replaced the 4.5s with 5.5s and it was right on the money.

Bit rich on acceleration so more futhering is to come.