Free Comic Book Day Ride this Saturday May 6th 10am start

Chit chat related to the club or scooters in general

Moderator: Moderators

Paul S

Free Comic Book Day Ride this Saturday May 6th 10am start

Post by Paul S »

Free Comic Book Day is this Saturday and I have planned a ride if anyone wants to join in. You can RSVP on our Facebook page here:

https://www.facebook.com/events/1409389582423399/

or just show up at Warp 1 comics on Whyte Ave & 99 St. at 10am.

Here is the info on the ride:

Let ride around to some Comic Book Stores in Edmonton!

The 16th annual Free Comic Book Day is Saturday, May 6th from 10am to 6pm and participating stores have free comic books, prizes, events and food trucks. Each store does something different so it is a lot of fun to ride around and check them out. This is a family friendly event with lots of activites and events for kids young and old. If you don't scoot with us perhaps we will see you at some of the locations!

We will start in the south and end in the north. First stop is Warp One comics on Whyte Ave and 99 Street at 10am. I find Happy Harbour downtown is the busiest location with the most going on so we usually hit a few other locations first to let the lines die down there. Throw out some names of some comic book stores you want to check out!

At most places you can get 5-10 free comics, sometimes more with a purchase. Remember that the retailers do have to pay for these issues so if you can please support each location with some type of purchase. Some places will have food trucks and entertainment. There will be lots of things to see, do and buy so bring some moola!

Tentative Route and Stops
Warp 1 Comics - Whyte Ave & 99 St.
We Have Issues - 10444 82 Ave
Wizrd's Comics - 8652 109 St.
Happy Harbour - 10729 104 Ave
Variant Edition - 10132 151 St
Warp 2 Comics - 12863 97 St
Comic King - 12915 97 St.
Comic Fever 11338 132 Ave

and Bonus Round if we have time...

Thunder Ground Comics 31 Fairview Blvd, St. Albert
Paul S

Post by Paul S »

I forgot to mention the weather is great for this Saturday, +22C!
jbcollier

Post by jbcollier »

Sounds cool but I'm busy all day Saturday :-(

Just finished reading all seven compilation volumes of the first Wonder Woman series. Simply stunning works of progressive feminism and they were penned in the 30s and 40s!
Rand18

Post by Rand18 »

I totally forgot about this event. :cry: