Saturday July 8 Vintage Scooter Display?

Chit chat related to the club or scooters in general

Moderator: Moderators

jbcollier

Saturday July 8 Vintage Scooter Display?

Post by jbcollier »

Hi Everyone,

We have been contacted by the vintage motorcycle group to see if we could provide some scooters to their upcoming show/display in Hawrelak/Mayfair Park. Here's the info:

-----------
Old Times in the Park is the Northern Alberta Section (NORAL) of the Canadian Vintage Motorcycle Group’s free exhibition of antique, vintage & classic motorcycles, held in Edmonton’s premier green space, Hawrelak Park, in the beautiful river valley adjacent to the North Saskatchewan River. For 2017, the 4th consecutive year for this exhibition, it is a Canada 150 Celebration event, being run with support from the City of Edmonton. And you’re invited to participate.

The exhibition runs all day from 10am to 5pm & regardless of what Mother Nature serves up, we’ll all be comfortable, as NORAL will have 2,400 square feet of marquis tents erected to keep you & your bikes cool & dry. Exhibitors are asked to arrive by 8:30. As well, Edmonton’s famous food trucks will be on site, so refreshments & snacks will be within easy reach. Food is important, so immediately afterwards, we’ll be serving a fully catered Argentinian BBQ dinner directly adjacent to the exhibition site under Hawrelak Park’s picnic gazebo.

What’s the cost? It’s free, though there are a couple of options that we have to charge for:
• Saturday’s catered BBQ dinner is $15. If you have dietary restrictions, let us know well in advance & we’ll advise whether we can meet your needs.
• Custom designed, quality T-shirts by Gildan are available for $22; sweatshirts are $32. All sizes are available in both men’s & women’s cuts.
While there’s no fee to exhibit, it will be helpful if you let us know in advance that you’re coming, together with what bikes you plan to bring. The exhibition is also a benefit for Edmonton’s Food Bank, so donations to this worthwhile cause are encouraged, whether via non-perishables or monetary.
For those wishing dinner tickets or to order a T-shirt or sweatshirt, your order is required now.
---------

They are not particularly a "woke" group (you should see the poster!) but they are ok otherwise. It is a commitment for the whole day but there is shade and rain shelter. I can bring a tent and chairs for ourselves.

Please post here if you are interested in attending. We could have a BBQ at my house afterwards if there's interest.
SebringMike

Post by SebringMike »

I'll have some of my bikes on display at the event, and look forward to seeing you there.

Mike
redbike

Post by redbike »

Would like to attend if I can. Will see how the week progresses.
Johnny Redbike.

We, the unfortunate, led by the unqualified, to do the unnecessary for the ungrateful.
Acaduhay

Post by Acaduhay »

Hey John, my brother and I , Ano and John Caduhay would like to attend the vintage motorcycle show at hawrelack park on July 8. We are bringing a our Honda 50 cub.
jbcollier

Post by jbcollier »

Doesn't look like there will be an official contingent. Contact Jim and let him know you're coming:

Jim Briggs
7eight0-9three0-1five one9
jim_briggs(at)shaw(dot)ca