Alberta Cycle Motorsports

Chit chat related to the club or scooters in general

Moderator: Moderators

Paul S

Alberta Cycle Motorsports

Post by Paul S »

Just an FYI but I was at Alberta Cycle Motorsports today dropping off a poster and flyers for our scooter rally on August 25th-27th weekend and the owner, Monica, told me that they just sold the business to new owners.

I think the new owners are taking over fairly soon. There is one more Cruise Night at Soda Jerks for this season next Weds August 16th 7-9PM that they sponsor. That is still on.

Their selection of Vespas in the showroom was pretty slim. I think 5 in total.
redbike

Post by redbike »

With any luck, a more committed dealership will take over the Vespa lineup. When you have to special order an oil filter for a modern 4 stroke, it says 'we don't give a toss about scooters' pretty clearly. Oh, and that was special order with a month to 6 weeks wait.
Johnny Redbike.

We, the unfortunate, led by the unqualified, to do the unnecessary for the ungrateful.
Paul S

Post by Paul S »

Agreed. We were at Echo Cycle today soliciting some prizes for the Rally and talked to the owner. We mentioned the change in ownership and that we weren't sure if they would remain the Vespa dealer. He said they would probably approach him first as he deals with the same Rep because he sells Aprilia and Moto Guzzi.
Macgyyver

Post by Macgyyver »

He also confirmed that getting mechanics that care more than "it's just a job" is an industry nightmare for everyone right now.
=~=~=
2001 Vino YJ50 2-stroke (Just rolled 26,000kms - yes that's right - 26!)
2007 Yamaha V-Star 1100 Custom "Blaze"
2006 new to me Vespa LX150 8,000kms with character
2006 hand-me-down Vespa LX150 33,000kms