Off? Again?

Chit chat related to the club or scooters in general

Moderator: Moderators

jbcollier

Off? Again?

Post by jbcollier »

Yup, off to Jasper for the weekend. Had so much fun with the Suzuki last weekend that I'm taking the BMW out for a good fall run. Will definitely need rain and heated gear for the way home. At least the BMW comes stock with toe warmers.
jbcollier

Post by jbcollier »

A beautiful run out. I did all 360 or so klicks in one shot. Nice to be packing a Paris Dakar tank as there was still almost 10 litres left. The seat is very comfortable, thank goodness, but I wouldn’t want to do that too often. The BMW didn’t skip a beat and I kept the tach at a steady 5k, about 125, the whole way.

The scenery was glorious again. The poplars don’t bother with lower branches in the forest so in the fall they look like rows of orange candy suckers as you drive along. It’s so lovely to turn sideways and look up as you go through the park. You just don't see as much when you’re in a car.

I really need to get a quieter helmet though. My Aria Corsair is marvellous but a bit noisy above 110.

Ride safe!
Andrew

Post by Andrew »

Sounds like a wonderful ride!
jbcollier

Post by jbcollier »

Came home a day early due to the dire weather forecasts for Monday. Made the painful discovery that there is a fault in my heated jacket! I could either have the pants or the jacket on but not both. Obviously I went with the jacket but I was wishing the pants were working as well the whole way home!

Bit of snow in the park -- the reason for my early departure -- and rain around Edson but otherwise everything went smoothly. Drop dead gorgeous scenery yet again. What with the empty roads and park and stunning scenery, I think September trips are going to be a fixture in my future.
Andrew

Post by Andrew »

Glad to hear you outran winter -- again! Though if you do encounter snow, a hack is the rig you want to be on. Nice riding shaping up for Van Isle the next few days!
jbcollier

Post by jbcollier »

No third wheel, the sidecar is off for a while.
jbcollier

Post by jbcollier »

Duh, you need a dual controller to run both a jacket and pants. I have one! I just forgot all about it. Really, I'm my own worst enemy.