What's next...

Chit chat related to the club or scooters in general

Moderator: Moderators

bertb

What's next...

Post by bertb »

I have a 2002 Yamaha BWS. I have put a 70cc kit into it as well as changed the muffler. I am getting some pretty good take off speed and top end speed but I am wondering if anyone could suggest the next step I should take to get to the next level. Variator? Sliders? Carburetor? Any other suggestions? I'm kind of new to this so I am open to ideas other than having to go to a 125cc or higher.

Thanks in advance.
jbcollier

Post by jbcollier »

It is almost always cheaper to simply sell the smaller scooter and buy a bigger one. Modifications make a scooter harder to sell and the engine more stressed. Mild hop-ups, sure. Anything extreme is going to be expensive both to do and to maintain.

I have a Vespa small frame with a hopped up engine to what would be considered medium standards today. It requires regular overhauls ($800 in parts and machining) every 5K kms. Last time it also required a stator (vibration killed it, $400) and a carb (worn fuel inlet bore, $300).
redbike

Post by redbike »

Sure is purdy though.
Johnny Redbike.

We, the unfortunate, led by the unqualified, to do the unnecessary for the ungrateful.